Mark Henry Vs John Cena

thearm95

...after stumbling on this and watching it I'm now wondering how good would Mark Henry actually be in real AW - his size is simply mythical and it it hard to imagine anyone being able to pin that monstrous arm - backed up by the 400lb + of (mostly) muscle supporting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bq-235MjKA...feature=related

Edited by thearm95

mostly muscle? Sorry he is strong as hell but he's clearly carrying quite a bit of excess fat on his body. I do think he would beat John Cena in real life, though that's total speculation and besides the point.

I would predict any world champion armwrestler above 165 lbs. would beat Mark Henry. That's best case scenario - there's a pretty decent chance Henry would hurt himself. Look at it this way, Magnus Samuelsson is 340 lbs. and almost certainly has stronger arms (just for lifts) than Mark Henry does, and he used to be the European AW champion. He would freaking smash Henry. Yet I read, I think on here, that a 165 lbs. armwrestler in Sweden beat Magnus a couple years ago when Magnus went to a practice for fun or whatever. It's hard to believe but it would happen. Like me, I'm only a 165 lbs amateur and I have beaten guys who weigh more than 100 lbs. more than me (the heaviest guy I beat weighed 300 he had some excess fat but so does Henry).

I'd bet $100.00 Rob V. could beat him.

Mighty Joe

Henry has powerful hands. I saw a clip where he picked up an Inch dumbell cleaned and pressed it over the head then switched it to left hand casually. How many people can toproll him?

It would be an interesting "Trained Arm Wrestler" vs "Bull Strong Non-Arm Wrestler" (as Henry presumably is) thought experiment. I know where my money would be but, let's face it, Henry's very unlikely to ever face a Class AW of any weight.

Henry has powerful hands. I saw a clip where he picked up an Inch dumbell cleaned and pressed it over the head then switched it to left hand casually. How many people can toproll him?

I don't know, but Magnus can close a COC #4 and and the 165 lbs. Swedish armwrestler still took him down, not sure what technique he used. Rob Vigeant will tell you that grip feats don't directly translate over to having strong hands for AW.

Rob's correct.

Mighty Joe

mostly muscle? Sorry he is strong as hell but he's clearly carrying quite a bit of excess fat on his body. I do think he would beat John Cena in real life, though that's total speculation and besides the point.

I would predict any world champion armwrestler above 165 lbs. would beat Mark Henry. That's best case scenario - there's a pretty decent chance Henry would hurt himself. Look at it this way, Magnus Samuelsson is 340 lbs. and almost certainly has stronger arms (just for lifts) than Mark Henry does, and he used to be the European AW champion. He would freaking smash Henry. Yet I read, I think on here, that a 165 lbs. armwrestler in Sweden beat Magnus a couple years ago when Magnus went to a practice for fun or whatever. It's hard to believe but it would happen. Like me, I'm only a 165 lbs amateur and I have beaten guys who weigh more than 100 lbs. more than me (the heaviest guy I beat weighed 300 he had some excess fat but so does Henry).

(I wouldn't think Henry is mostly fat :blink )

Interesting - it would be like an optical illusion to see a 165lb guy beating Mark Henry - although yeah from what you say that makes sense. I'd still love to see it for real (but of course such a match will never happen and yes Henry might be aware of the likely result).

Is that 165lb guy vs.Samuelsson match well documented or is it another of those apocryphal iron-game tales that get all distorted like Chinese whispers? If it's true then wow Magnus must have got a rude shock!

I'd like to know which 165 pounder it was.

Mighty Joe

I'd like to know which 165 pounder it was.

Mighty Joe

Andreas Rundstrom. He has fluctuated in weight though, so you can find footage of him a bit heavier, but never close to 200 pounds I believe.

Also, Magnus faced Sharon Remez several times, and Sharon won ALL their tournament matches. Sharon fluctuated in weight, but was never, as far as I know, even 200 pounds.. he was more like 80-90 kilos.

Arturo is correct. Andreas and Magnus trained together in Eskilstuna, Sweden where they are both from. And yes Andreas would win regularly. This was many years ago, before Magnus got into Strongman.

(I wouldn't think Henry is mostly fat :blink )

Interesting - it would be like an optical illusion to see a 165lb guy beating Mark Henry - although yeah from what you say that makes sense. I'd still love to see it for real (but of course such a match will never happen and yes Henry might be aware of the likely result).

Is that 165lb guy vs.Samuelsson match well documented or is it another of those apocryphal iron-game tales that get all distorted like Chinese whispers? If it's true then wow Magnus must have got a rude shock!

I 'd pay to see Zoloev vs M. Henry in AW. I'd love to see the reaction from Henry's face why this "little guy"'s whipping him

thearm95, I never said that Henry was mostly fat, I said that he definitely had some excess fat, and he does.

So Andreas beat Magnus when Magnus was still competing? Interesting.

http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/index.p...view&id=209

There his weight is listed at 187 lbs. Even if he weighed 190 when he was beating Magnus, Magnus would have whooped (and still would probably whoop) Mark Henry.

Zoloev would beat Henry so fast that it wouldn't even be funny.

Who would be a close match for Henry probably? Vazgen? Or would he just smash him Henry?

Edited by Josh H

Mark Henry was actually an olympic weightlifter and won The Strongest Man Competition. So speaking about strenght he is really high up there...

How good he is at armwrestling is really only speculation.

Mark Henry was actually an olympic weightlifter and won The Strongest Man Competition. So speaking about strenght he is really high up there...

How good he is at armwrestling is really only speculation.

Ya I remember that year when Henry competed and won WSM, I think it was in 2525. I'll have to ask Zager and Evans.

I don't know if Mark Henry ever competed in WSM, but he never even placed top 3 if he did. The top 3 from each year can be seen here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_Strongest_Man

And at any rate Nathan Jones was the favorite to win WSM in 1995, and he weighed 250 lbs. but we all saw what happened when he went against a 265 lbs. Magnus Samuelsson.

I don't know if Mark Henry ever competed in WSM, but he never even placed top 3 if he did. The top 3 from each year can be seen here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_Strongest_Man

And at any rate Nathan Jones was the favorite to win WSM in 1995, and he weighed 250 lbs. but we all saw what happened when he went against a 265 lbs. Magnus Samuelsson.

lol nathan jones was alot more than that. samuelson was 'tiny'

lol nathan jones was alot more than that. samuelson was 'tiny'

Sorry, I meant 350. Hit the 2 by accident.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think he ever competed in wsm. He did win the arnolds strongman contest. I think it was the first year strongman was at the arnolds.

Did anyone notice how they were set up at the table there elbow's on the pinning pad's and pulling toward's the cup ! I don't think ethier is a armwrestler but ima thinkin Mark would still crush him that dudes hand and wrist are nasty ! :D

Edited by big nasty

Did anyone notice how they were set up at the table there elbow's on the pinning pad's and pulling toward's the cup ! I don't think ethier is a armwrestler but ima thinkin Mark would still crush him that dudes hand and wrist are nasty ! :D

LOL, I didn't see that before! :laugh Seriously, haven't any of theme evr watched AW on tv or at the Arnolds or anywhere? That's how one of my friends thought you armwrestled when he saw my table but he's an idiot so. This is just riduculous. Another guy I know thought the same thing when he saw my table, he said "So you put your elbows here?" and put his elbow on the pin pad. :rolleyes

Edited by Josh H

Part of me thinks that was just an act :rolleyes

:laugh Experts.

i would take a guess and say they knew where to put their elbows but were told to put them where they did so better coverage for the TV and audience. not even a retard could make the mistake of putting his arms in the wrong position surely?