Interested

nasterpiece

Im new to arm wrestling as far as competition wise, normally i just arm wrestle with friends or randomn challengers but i want to begin taking arm wrestling seriously and start doing it as a sport. I did collegiate wrestling in high school for four years and developed quite a bit of strength for my size, im only 140 pounds yet i can beat people that weigh up to 230 and higher. When my father and i arm wrestle with right arms its dead even and he usually gives up before i do, and he is about 220 pounds.

I was wondering if anyone could share any info on how to train my muscles specifically for arm wrestling, and also any randomn tip would be useful too. Also if anyone knew where i could find a competition in Southern California or basically just any info on where to begin that would be helpful too. Thanks.

If you're only 140 lbs. and can beat 230+ lbs. guys you could probably do really good with some training! I believe the AAA National Championships are in SC. Yes: http://www.northeastboard.com/index.cgi?ac...2282&page=1

There is a novice 154 and below class right and left.

The best way to improve, and the best thing to do it your serious about starting to armwrestle, is to practice with guys who know what they're doing, on a real table. You can find people on this site: http://www.armwrestlersnearyou.com/uscanada.html

There's only 1 armwrestler from SC listed on there (Chad Silvers, he is a very good armwrestler). Check out the surrounding states, too! Hope I helped!

Josh, why are you telling him about AAA in SC and Chad in SC. He said he lived in Southern CALIFORNIA. :D

The armwrestler near you site Josh told you about is great. Select CA and you will find that any of the armwrestlers on that list will be more than glad to help you.

Good Luck

oops. I misread. :blush

Well in that case, South California has lots of great armwrestlers. Got train with Harold Ryden and Allen Fisher!

Edited by Josh H

• 1 month later...