Azcg2 Final Results

acorn

Feb 21st, 2009

Grippers

Aaron MM5 Dup (190#) / Eaton #4 (199#) / MM6 Dup (195#) / Pass Final MM5 Dup (190#) Tie for 1st

Paul MM5 Dup (190#) / Pass / MM6 Dup (195#) / Pass Final MM5 Dup (190#) Tie for 1st

Derek BBE (159#) / BBE (162.5#) / #3.5 (168# est.) / #3.5 (168# est.) Final BBE (162.5#) 2nd

Rex BBE (159#) / BBE (159#) / BBE (162.5) / BBE (162.5) Final BBE (159#) 3rd

Tim #2 / Easy #2.5 / #3 (138#) / BBGM (144) Final #3 (138#) 4th

John #2 / Easy #2.5 / #3 (138#) / Hard #2.5 Final Easy #2.5 5th

Wes #2 / Easy #2.5 / Easy #2.5 / Easy #2.5 Final #2 Tie for 6th

Brandon #2 / Easy #2.5 / Easy #2.5 / Easy #2.5 Final #2 Tie for 6th

2HP

Aaron 221.535# / 226.024# / 233.797# / 238.972# Final 238.97# Tie for 1st

Rex 221.535# / 233.797# / 238.972# 240.222# Final 238.97# Tie for 1st

Paul 193.262# / 206.84# / Pass / Pass Final 206.84# 2nd

Brandon 150.349# / 166.294# / 176.711# / 191.412# Final 191.41# 3rd

Derek 166.294# / 176.711# / 181.000 / 186.175 Final 186.18# 4th

Wes 131.525# / 141.937# / 150.349# / 166.294# Final 166.29# 5th

Tim 131.525# / 141.937# / 150.349# / 171# Final 150.35# 6th

John 141.937 / 141.937 / 141.937 / Pass Final NS 7th

I'll get the next events up soon.

- Aaron

Unbraced Bending

1st Paul 7x5/16 FBBC square (650#) / Pass / 7x5/16 FBBC square (705# stock) / Pass

2nd Aaron 6x5/16 FBBC SS / 6x5/16 FBBC square (650# stock) / Pass / Pass

3rd Rex 7x5/16 G5 bolt / 6.5x5/16 G5 bolt / 6x5/16 G5 bolt / Pass

4th Derek 7x5/16 G5 bolt / Pass / 6.5x5/16 G5 Bolt / Pass

5th John 6.5x5/16 Big Bastard / 5.5x5/16 Grand Bastard / Pass / 7x5/16 Shiny Bastard

Tie 6th Wes 6.5x1/4 FBBC square / 6.5x5/16 Big Bastard / 6x1/4 FBBC square / Pass

Tie 6th Brandon 6x1/4 G8 Bolt / 6x1/4 FBBC square / 5.5x1/4 FBBC square / Pass

8th Tim 7x1/4 FBBC round / 6x1/4 G5 bolt (FNL) / Pass / Pass

Edited by acorn

Braced Bending

1st Paul 24"x5/8 HRS / 11.5"x1/2 HRS / Pass / Pass

2nd Derek 26"x5/8 HRS / 13"x1/2 HRS / 12.5"x1/2" HRS / Pass

3rd Aaron 26"x5/8 HRS / 13"x1/2 HRS / Pass / Pass

4th Rex 25"x5/8 HRS / 18"x1/2 HRS / 10" FBBC spike (shiny easy) / Pass

Tie 5th Wes 20"x1/2 HRS / 12" FBBC spike (shiny easy) / Pass / Pass

Tie 5th John 20"x1/2 HRS / 12" FBBC spike (shiny easy) / Pass / Pass

Tie 6th Brandon 30"x5/8 HRS / 19"x1/2 HRS / Pass / Pass

Tie 6th Tim Skipped event (was used as tie breaker for 3rd place overall tie in amateur class)

Edited by acorn

Revolving Thick Handle Farmers Walk

1st Pro Paul 90' 7", 150# per hand

2nd Pro Aaron 81' 6", 150# per hand

3rd Pro Rex 54' 9", 150# per hand

4th Pro Derek 20' 6 1/2", 150# per hand

1st Amateur Brandon 37' 5", 150# per hand

2nd Amateur Tim 212' 1", 110# per hand

3rd Amateur Wes 64' 5", 110# per hand

4th Amateur John 22' 8", 110# per hand

Congrats everyone! Awesome performances! Thank you sponsors: FBBC, Grip Empire, and Dennis Rogers. Already getting ideas for next years comp.

- Aaron

Aaron, you have John down wrong on Braced bending. He did a 5/8" x 30" on his 3rd attempt. Did you just forget it here or is it on the scoresheet too?

It's not on the score sheet and I must have missed that one. I dont remember checking distance between the legs. John can you remember who checked the distance between the legs when the bend was done?

- Aaron

How on earth did Rex only go 54' with the RT FW?

Maybe there was a lack of conditioning :D Of course, I would have lucky to beat Derek on this event :blush

Maybe there was a lack of conditioning :D Of course, I would have lucky to beat Derek on this event :blush

It looks like he was cramping up:

Rex was beaten, bleeding with no voice left (a bonus for us :D) and had to get a forearm massage by a spectator due to the cramping in his forearm of his middle finger flexor by the time the braced bending was done. After Farmers I had to splint him with a paint stirring stick and some rope to keep the finger from curling up in a cramp :rock.

- Aaron

During the braced bending, Rex started to cramp up in his forearms really bad, I believe they had to pull his fingers straight a few times...He got a message between events, and went last, but he cramped up again on the FW...If not for that, who know how far he would have gone..Aaron had to splint his Rex's middle finger to keep him from cramping again....Paint mix stick and some duct tape...

Those farmer's handles are awesome..pure pain..

-B

Edited by BrandonA

So it was a cramp that kept Rex from doing better?

Come on Rex, couldn't it have been something like a coyote attack the day before or a motorcycle accident? Anything but a flipping cramp.

Come on Rex, couldn't it have been something like a coyote attack the day before or a motorcycle accident? Anything but a flipping cramp.

I don't care if they kill me or not, I'm tired of living a lie! Aaron and Paul hired a gang of bear men--the finest specimens culled from their YT subscribers--to jump me before the FW. :laugh

-Rex

I don't care if they kill me or not, I'm tired of living a lie! Aaron and Paul hired a gang of bear men--the finest specimens culled from their YT subscribers--to jump me before the FW. :laugh

-Rex

Lol! I got some musclebears after me on youtube too. The scary thing is that I look like one too... :cry

-Rex

Lol! I got some musclebears after me on youtube too. The scary thing is that I look like one too... :cry

I'm not sure I have a large enough vocabulary to express the funny.

Well, it was his time of the month. :D

- Aaron

Hey Aaron dont remember who but I was told to stop that the bend was <7 inches, thanks for looking out for me Derek!

- Aaron

HAHAHAHAHA :D:laugh :laugh

Aaron, I'm not sure if I measured it after his bend but I can verify that John's bend was sub 7".

- Aaron

Aaron, I'm not sure if I measured it after his bend but I can verify that John's bend was sub 7".

Ok, not sure why it didnt get written down. It would not change the placing with that but it would add 1 point to Rex's total because John would be tying Rex on braced bending. the fight for Overall in the pro div for 3rd and 4th place would go from 16 - 18 to 17 - 18. Wow Derek, Rex beat you by 1 point.

- Aaron

- Aaron

Ok, not sure why it didnt get written down. It would not change the placing with that but it would add 1 point to Rex's total because John would be tying Rex on braced bending. the fight for Overall in the pro div for 3rd and 4th place would go from 16 - 18 to 17 - 18. Wow Derek, Rex beat you by 1 point.

- Aaron

DAMMIT BRANDON WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BEAT ME IN PINCH AND FARMERS SO NARROWLY!?!?!?! WITH TEAMWORK WE COULD'VE BEATEN REX!!!! :cry :cry

Hey Aaron dont remember who but I was told to stop that the bend was <7 inches, thanks for looking out for me Derek!

that may have been me John - I remember telling someone that the ends only had to be within 7" inches apart from each other and that it was already good and I think that was you John

Edited by Paul Knight

Derek, I'm surprised you beat Aaron in braced bending. Maybe I shouldn't be? I've seen a lot of braced bending in your log. But I figure Aaron would go big based on horse power.

Derek, I'm surprised you beat Aaron in braced bending. Maybe I shouldn't be? I've seen a lot of braced bending in your log. But I figure Aaron would go big based on horse power.

Youth, recovery time, and technique triumphed over age, brute force, lack of training for it, and sneakiness :D. He wouldnt cut his bar until he saw what I had cut mine to :angry::laugh. Had to sacrafice training the braced bending much as it was killing all my other stuff. Still sucked to get beaten at it by someone less than half my age and about 100# less in weight.

- Aaron

Youth, recovery time, and technique triumphed over age, brute force, lack of training for it, and sneakiness :D. He wouldnt cut his bar until he saw what I had cut mine to :angry::laugh. Had to sacrafice training the braced bending much as it was killing all my other stuff. Still sucked to get beaten at it by someone less than half my age and about 100# less in weight.

- Aaron

Hahahaha I cut mine first!! But I waited until you wrote your attempt down so that you couldn't sneak out of it :D You have the power to beat me, I just train it excessively :cool

Ha! I, on the other hand, had no idea that Aaron was so good at braced bending :laugh

Ha! I, on the other hand, had no idea that Aaron was so good at braced bending :laugh

thanks, yeah both my bends were at least 1" PRs

Heidi got some great pics of the contest. I will try to get them up as soon as I can. too many for the gallery, so they will prolly go up to shuttlefly or something.

- Aaron