8" Ffbc Spike Bend

jpmmkrahling

This is my first post and my first video of a bend.

I have been learning from Jim Ricchezza (aka Shoebender306).

Please take a look and let me know what you think about the bend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nKMnIGgWxI

Thanks

Mike Krahling

Edited by Mike K

Not bad sir!!! Took me the longest time just to get the easy 80ds and here you are killing one! :rock :rock :rock :rock

You made quick work of that! :rock That first part between the legs looked like you were pulling on the middle with your hands and crushing the ends with your legs...might not have been the case but it looked weird to me. Either way it worked for you and that's all that matters.

Very nice bend! :rock

Thank you all for your responses. I do put it behind my legs and pull the middle thru my legs after the initial kink. It is painfull afterwards and bruises my legs pretty good, but it works for me on this smaller stuff. Basically things about 18" and under. My best this way is a 14" x 1/2" steel rod.

Mike that 14x1/2 is a awesome bend we gotta get it on vid !!! Good enough for the #5 spot right behing David Horne :rock:rock:rock

Mike that 14x1/2 is a awesome bend we gotta get it on vid !!! Good enough for the #5 spot right behing David Horne :rock:rock:rock

Actually, if you check the rules, David and Marks bends are 12mm stock so if this is true 1/2 inch stock and calipers over 12.7mm then it will be the #3 spot.

I can't watch the vid but nice job on the 8 inch spike. They are an awesome looking bend.

Are the FBBC 8 inchers the shiny ones now or are they still the dark gray ones?

Tim

Actually, if you check the rules, David and Marks bends are 12mm stock so if this is true 1/2 inch stock and calipers over 12.7mm then it will be the #3 spot.

I can't watch the vid but nice job on the 8 inch spike. They are an awesome looking bend.

Tim

Yea the 1/2 stock he bent is definetly over 12.7.FBBC is selling the shiny 8 inch spikes now but he also got some of the dull 10 inch ones with his advance bag.........

Tim

The 8" spike i did was one of the shinney ones so it probably was easier then the dark gray ones. But that was all i had because it came in the Advanced Benders kit.

I'll check with Jim R. about the actual caliper dimension. It was cut from the stock he has been bending. But i will make sure to add that to the video when i do the 14" again (or maybe smaller if i can kink it)

Do you have a link to that list for the 1/2" & 5/8" stuff?