How Do You Deal With Non Armwrestlers ?

Flexor Brachialis

Hello,

If I am normally armwrestling with some amateur guys who dind't heard anything about the sport, than everytime I totally underestimate them... I do no technic because this is a bit unfair in my opinion, but without any technic and sitting and without holding with the other arm it's a total diffrent Game !!!

So I got owned today by a guy in my gym who said he didn't lost before.. I thought yeah yeah I heard that lots of times and then they were weak and i didn't took me much effort to beat them. So I let this guy take his grip an said ok go when you want. So he took me down in 2 seconds :D

I will take my revance soon and then I want to give him some trouble, but how you guys behave with non armwrestlers ?

Like to hear some experiences... :)

Edited by Flexor Brachialis

I usually just go into a defensive hook to see what they have and then apply slow pressure. If I lose, no big deal, but I don't want to hit and have somebody get hurt.

If they are small I too just go slow but I do use technique, hook or toproll, or switch back and forth and they usually give up. Bigger guys, I hit right away just to take their hand, then since they are big their arms are usually strong so I just wait for them to get tired and pin them.

take no prisoners, i just show em what i got, and give it too em. if there bigger, i may let them hit and just hold em looking at them as if 'is that all you got' or if there slightly weaker ill just change from toproll to hook and bend their wrists whereever.

I don't armwrestle non-armwrestlers very much if at all. But I also don't brag or boast about any of my talents......so people really have no reason to try and beat me nor I them.

If I do pull them I try to teach them as much as they are willing to learn about the sport. Most walk away more interested in the sport.......

What is your weight and what was his weight? If he was much larger than that is not that unexpected.

My weight is around 165 and his 220.

He was also the first one who pulled with a Top Roll technic and with backpressure (pretty impressiv for not knowing anything about the sport)

I don't armwrestle non-armwrestlers very much if at all. But I also don't brag or boast about any of my talents......so people really have no reason to try and beat me nor I them.

If I do pull them I try to teach them as much as they are willing to learn about the sport. Most walk away more interested in the sport.......

Yes, I like this attitude, BUT if you get beaten by a non-armwrestling dude, its kind of an ego thing.. (atleast for me)

In my gym I sometimes wear an Armwrestling SHirt and so I get called out ones in a while....

Yes, I like this attitude, BUT if you get beaten by a non-armwrestling dude, its kind of an ego thing.. (atleast for me)

In my gym I sometimes wear an Armwrestling SHirt and so I get called out ones in a while....

I see no problem wearing an AW T- shirt. I don't call people out because they wear Hockey t, or Bowling t, or tennis t. Hey, IMO if you're really into AW then take all comers regardless. Back then I would approach the biggest guy in the gym and challenge him nicely, first by getting him to like me first. I was only 145# then. If they have very good grip and big hands I will go all out hard, after all I was usually out weighed by at least 50 lbs

Yeah I see what your saying.

Most of the time I can tell if I can beat someone as soon as we grip up.

This just comes from years of doing the sport.

With non-arm wrestlers, I take Kyle's approach and try to teach instead of destroy.

If the guys a "big mouth" with a ego problem (i.e. I've never lost) I have no mercy on

these type. I offer to go best out of 3. This way, even if i lose the first round I know

what his strength is and I can deal with it in the next match.

Hope this helps. :)

Mighty Joe