Monstrous Hg350?

wscorpion

I know, grippers vary.

But I received my first HG gripper a few days ago, a HG350, and the thing is even harder then my #4. :blink

I was under the impression that a HG350 would be a nice gripper between #3 and #3.5 where the easy ones are around a #3 and the hard ones around a #3.5, but that surely isn't the case here.

Am I mistaken here or do I have a very strong HG350?

Edited by White Scorpion

I know, grippers vary.

But I received my first HG gripper a few days ago, a HG350, and the thing is even harder then my #4. :blink

I was under the impression that a HG350 would be a nice gripper between #3 and #3.5 where the easy ones are around a #3 and the hard ones around a #3.5, but that surely isn't the case here.

Am I mistaken here or do I have a very strong HG350?

I have a HG 350 that feels like my #211 #4 but

I haven't had the thing calibrated.

Mighty Joe

My friend has HG350 harder then CoC #3.5 ( 5 mm to close CoC3.5 and about 2cm for HG350). My own HG350 a bit harder my CoC#3. HG grippers vary :-)

My friend has HG350 harder then CoC #3.5 ( 5 mm to close CoC3.5 and about 2cm for HG350). My own HG350 a bit harder my CoC#3. HG grippers vary :-)

I Had an HG300 that felt tougher than my #4!!

I had one that I traded to Bob Lipinski that was a beast. I have come real close to closing a 3.5 in a choker, and this thing was immovable in a choker. I bet it was close to 200# easy. :blink

Seems they're turning them out hard, recently. Gabriel also got one which he told me was almost as hard as his #4.

Mine is 168lb.

Edited by Magnus

Yup, that one is tough Jeremiah! I'll probably see what Dave Thorton thinks of it, I'm not too strong in grippers right now.

Amazing!

So the HG350 can vary between #3 and #4.x, that's a huge difference!!!

Will it get easier if I chest crush it a few dozen times, or shall I wait until I can close the #4 :D?

i've borrowed pauls and i can squeeze the hell out of it where the hg300 feels alot harder to me.. it's the handle set.. but both of the ones i have feel harder than a 3

Will it get easier if I chest crush it a few dozen times, or shall I wait until I can close the #4 :D?

I can't speak from vast experience, but I had an HG300 that I guessed was at least #3 level when I got it...ha. Now I figure it's barely harder than my #2.5, and that's just from MMS attempts, not chest crushing or intentional seasoning.

Amazing!

So the HG350 can vary between #3 and #4.x, that's a huge difference!!!

Give it a try, my HG350 seasoned right down.

If this gripper seasons as much as mine did, it should season down to a #3.5 after some closes. In fact, be glad it's that hard at the moment. It may season A LOT. If it wasn't too hard and seasoned a lot you'd have another HG300 on your hands, totally defeating the purpose of buying the harder gripper.

Edited by Grippster

At one point I had two HG350 (which I couldn't close either one of), in using them for heavy negatives one did feel a heck of a lot harder than the other one

This is the reason why the better grippers are worth the extra money. In fact, you might even save money by not buying the cheap ones because if you buy 2 different grippers and they both turn out to have the same poundage rating after seasoning, then you have to buy another one which is a big waste of your time and money. Buy BB, COC, or Tetting and get something good the first time around.

This is the reason why the better grippers are worth the extra money. In fact, you might even save money by not buying the cheap ones because if you buy 2 different grippers and they both turn out to have the same poundage rating after seasoning, then you have to buy another one which is a big waste of your time and money. Buy BB, COC, or Tetting and get something good the first time around.

Tetting makes BB's and the grippers for NutritionGeeks. ;)

Mighty Joe

Tetting and BB are basically the same just marketed under a different name. I didn't mention said company because of rules against advertising on here unless of course it's one of the sponsors.