Big Rich..big Pulls

1stCoC

Big Rich walked in tonight after a weekend of rest and in a pair of shorts, not even a belt pulled up deadlifts like he owned them on a 2" smooth bar double overhand. 435, 485,501, 511!!!!!!!I took pics and video I will try to get them up when we can. No claims, just hard training. See 'yall at the Arnolds! RS

Awesome :rock I can't wait to see him compete at Chads competition.

wow! over 500 on the axle! i've got a loooooong way to go for tha tone! i can't wait to see the videos.. how insane is that!

Edited by thewicked

Who's Rich? The BIG brother of Tex? JK, those numbers are just awesome! :rock

Edited by Florian Kellersmann

Awesome stuff. I told Chad just the other day 500+ is going to be needed come June.

RS tell Rich, grizzel's gonna make him work for it :D

Edited by ADurniat

Rich is like Tex a great guy, a not as tall(6'4) "larger" version of Tex (he weighs 395). I showed him a little about grippers...you would cringe to see what he can do with only one lesson. He seems to enjoy grip but does not have an idea of what is "good" or "alot"....Rich and Tex train together. We all with House ,Bert and Cyborg will be looking forward to meeting any of you at the upcoming Arnolds Classic.At the show booth areas Wade puts on a great grip challenge show which is a very popular event. I look forward to see Wade "when it is all said and done"for him to show us what the best ever Blobman can do!RS

Not that it matters, but is that with a hook grip Richard? :cool

I don't think he knows what a hook grip is.....His hands are big but not giant. I just saw him 30 seconds ago after a 2hour workout( including grip again) do a set of standing presses 330x 9 times and missed on the 10th rep.. grip, back, legs, whatever... he is a strong guy.RS

Eghads, he just went up and did more...there is no end to this! If living a good life and ministering to others as he and Tex do gives you that kind of strength "the gift" has been well placed!RS

Richard - do Tex and Tiny actually "train" grip hard or do they just show up - lift amazing stuff, smile, ad move on to the next thing?

They never trained grip in a structured manner, Tex would just "try" stuff if the group in the room was talking about it or if he saw one of us trying/failing something. Rich just did what Tex tried.The first time I saw Rich"go after it" was with the 500+ axle deadlifts Now, they come in and each training session actually devote "time" to doing grip stuff. If they have questions, or need a demo of a grip task I try to help them.I love grip training but I don't want to force it on them, I would rather have them decide for themselves if they find merit in it. I think their trip to the Arnold's will help in their focus and decision to what it is all about.RS

They never trained grip in a structured manner, Tex would just "try" stuff if the group in the room was talking about it or if he saw one of us trying/failing something. Rich just did what Tex tried.The first time I saw Rich"go after it" was with the 500+ axle deadlifts Now, they come in and each training session actually devote "time" to doing grip stuff. If they have questions, or need a demo of a grip task I try to help them.I love grip training but I don't want to force it on them, I would rather have them decide for themselves if they find merit in it. I think their trip to the Arnold's will help in their focus and decision to what it is all about.RS

Richard - I'm not sure I'd want to try "forcing" anything on them hehe. I think Chads contest will light a fire under them - it's going to be fun!