287 2" Vbar And Blob+7.7

vikingsrule92

287 2" Vbar

Blob+7.7 (7 lbs 11.2 oz)

I got 292 on 2" Vbar to legal height but I couldn't quite control it down, if I had been fresh it would've gone down. Same goes for Blob+9, got it to about knee level.

:bow :bow :bow I didn't know you could pull that much on the 2"vbar. That is awesome. :mosher

Awesome lifts Derek! Your progress is just amazing!

BTW - Do you know where I could find some decent videos that explain the proper technique for lifting the V-bar? I've been looking around Youtube, but I couldn't really find anything useful.

Weird noises.

Excellent pull, my slender friend. I am impressed. I was just speaking with someone about how you had pulled some good numbers some time back on the big Vbar. Good work.

Cheers. I might email John B myself soon. Firstly cos I've been told of a 300 and a 320+ lift neither of which are listed on John's site and secondly cos I should have a FBBC bar here on loan and might as well get certed with some numbers while I am at it. It's good for my grip CV :D

287 2" Vbar

Blob+7.7 (7 lbs 11.2 oz)

I got 292 on 2" Vbar to legal height but I couldn't quite control it down, if I had been fresh it would've gone down. Same goes for Blob+9, got it to about knee level.

Incredible Derek!

Good job!

BTW, how old are you now?

Mighty Joe

Nice pulls Derek!

Those are great lifts Derek nice job!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Derek's gonna be hard to beat if he ever grows into his body. He had some damn fine lifts yesterday on a variety of different events.

- Aaron

Pound for pound, Derek has some of the strongest

hands on the planet, IMO.

At his age he's not even close to his full potential.

Mighty Joe

Give us some stats on Derek.

The boy is 16, my height I believe maybe 6' and prolly 170# soaking wet. Nearly 100# less than me and we tied on vbar yesterday RH anyway. He is a pretty decent bender, getting stong on grippers, Getting stronger on Blobs, could prolly hook grip the axle cause his fingers and thumb are so long. He seems to be getting stronger everytime he comes over on just about everything (except 2HP).

- Aaron

Give us some stats on Derek.

The boy is 16, my height I believe maybe 6' and prolly 170# soaking wet. Nearly 100# less than me and we tied on vbar yesterday RH anyway. He is a pretty decent bender, getting stong on grippers, Getting stronger on Blobs, could prolly hook grip the axle cause his fingers and thumb are so long. He seems to be getting stronger everytime he comes over on just about everything (except 2HP).

- Aaron

I'm just slightly under 6', probably 5'11.5" or so and before my appetite declined a bit due to these headaches I was more like 177 on a full stomach, 172 empty. I've still improved a bit on 2HP, just not into as high a territory as I need to be to be a very serious competitor, hopefully that will change somewhat by Chad's comp. I can hook the Axle as a matter of fact :D

Thanks everybody, I didn't know I could pull that on Vbar either, it was a 47 pound PR from the last time I tried it about a year ago.

IROC-Z I don't believe there are any technique instructionals for Vbar, but its a fairly basic lift. Watch a lot of the videos on youtube and you can get a basic idea of technique. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Steve, I'm not sure when the last time John updated that list is, or if Andrew even cares about his lifts on that lift however here:

Andrew Durniat: 310.2

Ryan Johnson: 329

neilkaz, my left hand used to be substantially stronger then my right on this (20+ pounds), but I guess with various other training my right has passed by.

Thanks again guys!! I was very happy with these lifts and now my biceps are very sore, haha.

Super lifts, bro :rock :rock :rock

Lol, you're exactly as tall as me :D 5'11.5"-syndrome...it's so close to 6', and yet, you can't really claim 6'...

tragedy :D

Dude! I didnt know you were taller then me :laugh. Ehhh, at least I'm still heavier :tongue. Excelent lifts my friend :rock:rock

That's what really matters :laugh:rock

Edited by Magnus