Check This Olympian Out

MalachiMcMullen

Cool stuff,

Seems like a really classy guy, I liked how he personally responded to everyone that commented on his video.

Also from his youtube profile

some of my other crazy events i threw a washing machine 12 feet for a new guinness world record and i also pushed a car 56 kilometers in 10 hours which was a guinness world record at the time

:rock Strong dude no doubt! We should get him on the gripboard!

what kind of olympian - powerlifting? do you know?

Discus thrower.

thanks Frank - that makes sense - those track and field guys have a super strong grip

He has some really sick vids on his page... been following for a while. Recently posted a 185 and 225 1 arm bench with a bar. Looks as though he taps with his off arm at the bottom, but nonetheless.

Discus thrower.

thanks Frank - that makes sense - those track and field guys have a super strong grip

Yeah right, name one thrower who ever did really well in grip before this guy :rolleyes:

Discus thrower.

Yeah right, name one thrower who ever did really well in grip before this guy :rolleyes:

the german discus-thrower and shot putter ferdinand schladen (now about 65 years old), could palm a 2kg-discus (diameter 22 cm). the higer weight of a plate would not be a problem. fred was famous about his very, very big hands.

http://www.widmann.de/bilder/t_0/40646_wet...iskus__2_kg.jpg

i would say, some throwers could do really big strength- and gripfeats, but it is not their business.

Edited by unequipped

Discus thrower.

the german discus-thrower and shot putter ferdinand schladen (now about 65 years old), could palm a 2kg-discus (diameter 22 cm). the higer weight of a plate would not be a problem. fred was famous about his very, very big hands.

i would say, some throwers could do really big strength- and gripfeats, but it is not their business.

Actually, I was being sarcastic but it was a bit of an inside joke to be honest. I was referring to Aaron Corcorran who was, from what I understand, a damn good college thrower and is now a top grip competitor. There was another thrower who shut the #3 on his first try also, Vache Sevjian or something like that. Throwers are bound to do great things in grip :D

Discus thrower.

I think he was being sarcastic Ryan, there's a guy by the name of Aaron Corcorran, not sure if you've heard of him he's semi-well known, he used to be a half decent thrower and now hes a pretty strong grip guy :tongue:laugh :laugh :D

That 10 pound plate thing is sickening, I have long fingers and I'm not even close on my 10s. That pinch and thickbar is just ridiculous.

EDIT: Zach you beat me to the comment!!

Edited by vikingsrule92

I knew you were referring to Aaron, Zach :D

I think he was being sarcastic Ryan, there's a guy by the name of Aaron Corcorran, not sure if you've heard of him he's semi-well known, he used to be a half decent thrower and now hes a pretty strong grip guy :tongue:laugh :laugh :D

That 10 pound plate thing is sickening, I have long fingers and I'm not even close on my 10s. That pinch and thickbar is just ridiculous.

EDIT: Zach you beat me to the comment!!

Derek, his name's Walter :tongue

But anyway, I've got pretty big hands too, but I can't even reach the edges of my 10s :blink

I have 3 different sizes of 10's, I can't can reach the edges on any of them with 8" hands.

I have 8" hands with ~9.75" spread and I can reach the edges with all fingers but I cant even come close to getting them over the edge and getting enough surface area to get a lift.

Frank, hahaha sorry Walter, for some reason I was thinking you were thewicked aka Ryan Johnson, I misread your username :laugh

Edited by vikingsrule92

i can barely do that with my 2.5lb plates and i have a little over 8.5in. hands. my right hand can get the 2.5lb but no way the 5lb plate. but i also have an unforseen advantage in that my thumb webbing was sliced open in my right hand so now it's a lot wider then my left.

Edited by Pancake Sprawl

Discus thrower.

Yeah right, name one thrower who ever did really well in grip before this guy :rolleyes :

just got back to this thread - yes of course Aaron - I knew you were joking also, and that's why I made my comment - hahaha

Here is his web site http://www.dario2004.com/ The 10lb plate thing is impressive. At 6'5'' Slowik must have bigger hands than I do, because I cannot lift a plate like that.

Harder, how can you post on this thread about a gripping discus thrower without posting your personal testimonial about the Jarred Rome story of May 2006 in Salinas California?

I use that random incident as my evidence that grip guys do not necessarily have the best grip in the world.

Tell the story!

Mike

Here is his web site http://www.dario2004.com/ The 10lb plate thing is impressive. At 6'5'' Slowik must have bigger hands than I do, because I cannot lift a plate like that.

Harder, how can you post on this thread about a gripping discus thrower without posting your personal testimonial about the Jarred Rome story of May 2006 in Salinas California?

I use that random incident as my evidence that grip guys do not necessarily have the best grip in the world.

Tell the story!

Mike

Damn. That was supposed to be Oldtimer, not Oldguy. Aw shoot, I will tell the story myself then...

There was the annual discus meet in Salinas in May of 2006, a meet where the best discus throwers in the world come to throw to take advantage of our winds to maximize their PRs. Dale Harder, someone who carries his Baseline Dynamometer with him everywhere he goes, comes up to the winner afterwards, Ian Waltz, and he squeezed 89 on the Dyno, never touched a grip implement in his life. He said to Harder, "have Jarred try it, he'll kill it". So Harder waits around for Jarred Rome to complete the shot put competition, and Rome, after having competed in both a discus and shot put competition, and also never having touched a grip implement before, squeezes 107 kg with his right hand, and 106kg with his left hand. Not too shabby! Imagine if he did grip work...