California Armbenders

andyfreeland

Ok, so I took the board's advice and found local armwrestlers in my area in an attempt to start training for a small competition. Got in touch with a woman who practices with a team 10 minutes from my house. Turns out to be Kelli Nelson and I walked into Tom Nelson's garage....he was pulling Mike McGraw when I showed up. There was about 10 of the California Armbenders practicing that day. Man, what a good group to hang out with! Party and armwrestle...just my style. I'm 220 and got my azz whipped by everyone 165 and up....what a humbling experience. Anyway, thought some of you competitive armwrestlers out there would know who these guys are...and how lucky I got as a beginner to find such solid armwrestlers to learn from right off the bat :D

Anyway...I'm hooked and will keep practicing, maybe I'll see some of you across the table in the next year or two.

Andy

Ok, so I took the board's advice and found local armwrestlers in my area in an attempt to start training for a small competition. Got in touch with a woman who practices with a team 10 minutes from my house. Turns out to be Kelli Nelson and I walked into Tom Nelson's garage....he was pulling Mike McGraw when I showed up. There was about 10 of the California Armbenders practicing that day. Man, what a good group to hang out with! Party and armwrestle...just my style. I'm 220 and got my azz whipped by everyone 165 and up....what a humbling experience. Anyway, thought some of you competitive armwrestlers out there would know who these guys are...and how lucky I got as a beginner to find such solid armwrestlers to learn from right off the bat :D

Anyway...I'm hooked and will keep practicing, maybe I'll see some of you across the table in the next year or two.

Andy

You're very lucky Andy!

Tom Nelson is one "bad ass" arm wrestler for sure.

Stay with it and be consistent.

Good luck!

Mighty Joe

Dang good job man you're training with Tom and Kelli, they are both national champs aren't they?! Not to mention Tom is one of the ebst lefties in the U.S. and very good right too.

Edited by Josh H

I know all those guys. That is a great group. Tell them I said hi.

Remember.....the strongest guy a practice is not necessarily the best teacher. Try to listen to all of them. Then decide for yourself what is best for you.

Good luck, train hard.