A Thanksgiving Day Tradition

Sybersnott

Hi all!

Just thought I'd drop in.... my computer blew up on me about a week ago, and I haven't been on the 'net for about a week! Which means I haven't been here in over a week. Seems like some of you hadn't noticed that I've been away! :(

Anyhow, we had Thanksgiving day dinner at my sisters house. As per our "Thanksgiving Day Tradition", I brought my grippers. I told no one, and waited until someone asked me that fatal question:

"Did you bring the grippers?" :blush

Did I bring my grippers?!? Does a fish swim in water? Would you ask a mountain if it's tall?...... OF COURSE I BROUGHT MY GRIPPERS!!! :D

Time to show the fishhands in my family "whos your daddy"!! First up, #1 fishhand, my showoff brother-in-law. He couldn't close the Trainer. Ha!!

Then my other brother-in-law, fishhand #2, the musician drummer... he couldn't close the Trainer either. Oh man, am I embarassed!! :(:(

Now, it's my turn. Trainer, no problem. #1 and #2... also no problem.

Then he asked me to close my #3. I happened to bring the #3 that is my original (the first one I ever bought). I also think it's the toughest #3 that I have.

Everybody was looking at me.

He said, "Go ahead and close it".

I said I'd give it my best. Then something happened.

The gripper slammed shut like it was nothing!!!! I thought maybe I picked up the wrong gripper, so I turned my wrist over to see if I picked up my #2 by mistake. Nope. It was the #3!!

I was able to hold it closed and walk around the room and show everyone it was closed. I think I held it shut about 20 seconds.

I gave it back to my brother-in-law. He couldn't budge it.

They were in awe of me after that. As they should be.

Backing out of the driveway, my brother-in-law said, "Next Thanksgiving, I wanna see you close that #4".

"No problem", I said. ;):)

They were in awe of me after that. As they should be.

What do you mean as they should be? What have you got to prove to people who not only don't train grip, but might not have any interest in it at all?

Your absence was noted Sir Snott, but I suppose others,

like myself, assumed you were on a world tour checking on

your subjects, and, of course autographing 8 x 10

glossies for the commoners. :)

Well i for one snott, came very close to posting a topic called- where is snott??? lol

also i showed off on thanks giving also, but with a wrist tool.

id show off to all you guys by closing my #4 about 15 times or so,but i dont wanna make you all cry! :D ........

...........ok,ok i cant close it 15 times. come to think of it i cant clse at all!

I once encountered 2 death metal musicians. One was the lead guitarist the other the drummer. We were at a party and got talking about lifting. They informed me that speed musicians have super strong tendons due to having to play fast and hard for extended periods of time. Well, the beer got talking and soon we were clearing off the table to armwrestle. It was a pathetic display as I easily crushed both their arms and their egos.

The bad part? After that I ended up armwrestling about half the party :D

Rick Walker

Nice Sybersnott! I know the feeling :D

A little of topic, I introduced the grippers to my little brother yesterday. He is 15 years old, not very developed, pretty skinny, I think he weighs about 140 pounds and he still has that babyface :D

I chalked his hands a bit and showed him how to set the gripper correctly and then he made an attempt at the Trainer and shut it very easily. I then gave him the #1 thinking he couldnt close it. What does he do? He closes it rather easy. I remember when I first tried the CoCs, I am not sure I could fully close the #1, at least it wasnt easy and I was 19 years old at the time. Offcourse I didnt really know how to set the gripper then but anyway. Also when I first tried them I had been training with weights for over a year. I was already doing my upperbody work with homemade 2" dumbells and I practised heavy farmerswalk with them. I also did regular deadlifts with over 200 kgs. So my grip wasnt unused.

About 30 seconds after the first close he closed the #1 again. Then he tried my BB Master which proved to be too tough for him that day. I have tried to get my brother to train with weights but he has trouble really sticking to a routine :) But he really liked the grippers, he thought they were fun.

I am going to buy him a Trainer and #1 for Christmas, soon maybe I have to get him a #2 too :)

I will brag on one of my football players. He's 14, 6'1" and 150lbs. He wears a size 14 shoe, and his hands are bigger than mine. He closed the T first go, the #1 in about 5 mins, and has gotten my #2 down to 1/4"and he pulled over 100lbs 1st go on the RT. Not bad for never even seeing anything like that, he's never even really lifted, potential potenial.........

I will brag on one of my football players. He's 14, 6'1" and 150lbs. He wears a size 14 shoe, and his hands are bigger than mine. He closed the T first go, the #1 in about 5 mins, and has gotten my #2 down to 1/4"and he pulled over 100lbs 1st go on the RT. Not bad for never even seeing anything like that, he's never even really lifted, potential potenial.........

Damn Tennessee water.......

Its not just TN water-it must be in PA too!

I have bragged my step-son up a lot. He is 16-5'10" 205. He has a 11 shoe and also large hands-bigger then mine!

The #1 is easy-he can close it without setting it. He has got my filed #2 down to about 2mm. He never ever trains grip-or trains in general. He has walked in when I was training one of his friends (basketball player) and bent over and hoisted 120 on my inch bar without even chalking or warming up!

Put that together with his 315 deep squat wearing only a belt and knee wraps, 365 deadlift in jeans and Etnies, and 225 bench in a T-shirt.

The boy sits around and draws cartoons all day long? :(

Talk about wasted potential-

Rick Walker

Pat,

You've got me ROTFLMAO!!! :laugh:laugh