Mm7 Dud - Collectors Item

Bill Piche

Well, we messed up slightly on the first MM7 that was made. So, there is now the MM7 Dud that could be considered a collectors item now.

Here's the run down:

MM7 Dud - .312 spring- 3/16- set depth- 2 5/8 inside handle width.

The Dud will have a permanent mark put on it in a location as to not mar the handle bottoms.

We spent on the order of $110 to make the MM7 when all was said and done.

Would anyone be interested in buying this MM7 Dud?

If there are a few truly interested, just reply to this thread and then we'll do something to make it fair (probably ebay bidding). Any money over the 100 would be to support making the MM8 assuming one of the two guys close the MM7.

I think it would be cool for the dud to be a prize for the first person to close the MM7. I will donate $10 for the expenses if you decide to go this route.

Well, we messed up slightly on the first MM7 that was made. So, there is now a brand new MM7 that could be considered a collectors item.

Here's the run down:

MM7 .312 spring 1/8 set depth 2 3/4 inside handle width

The Dud will have a permanent mark put on it in a location as to not mar the handle bottoms.

Would anyone be interested in buying this?

If there are a few truly interested, just reply to this thread and then we'll do something to make it fair (probably ebay bidding). Any money over the 100 would be to support making the MM8 assuming one of the two guys close the MM7.

For multiple grippers, right? There seem to be two grippers listed in the run down? Or did you list the actual MM7 specs for comparison and that's not a second gripper..?

Let me clarify things:

There is now an MM7 dud available for sale as it's the first one made and we found the specs were just slightly off where we wanted them.

This thread is to ask about any interest.

I also modified my first post to clear things up.

Well, we messed up slightly on the first MM7 that was made. So, there is now the MM7 Dud that could be considered a collectors item now.

Here's the run down:

Would anyone be interested in buying this MM7 Dud?

Do you mind explaining how you spent this much on this gripper? :blink

Warren Tetting did make it, right?

I could be missing something here but that's not what Warren charges

for a custom made gripper, not even close.

Please explain. :)

Mighty Joe

I'm not Bill, but I think he means the dud combined with the correct MM7 cost that much. On a side note did the price of custom grippers go up? I could have swore they used to be around $44.99 and now it says $52.99.

I'm not Bill, but I think he means the dud combined with the correct MM7 cost that much. On a side note did the price of custom grippers go up? I could have swore they used to be around $44.99 and now it says $52.99.

Where are you reading this? Warren has no website.

I'm not allowed to advertise for someone on here so

I can't state what Warren charges if you deal with him

directly.

Me and Warren have been friends for 25 years and I talk to

him at least once a week and I know all there is to know about

the grippers and other equipment he offers.

Mighty Joe

I re-read the post. It's one gripper.

No where does it say MM7 DUDs, plural.

Why would he include the correct one anyway?

If this is not correct, Bill will clarify things.

$110.00 for 2 custom made grippers is still

way off. Then again, I guess as collectors

items they're worth whatever someone wants to

pay for them.

I also noticed Bill said that this thread is for interest

in the said gripper so I won't make no further comments.

Mighty Joe

A mistake was made making the MM7. With shipping it around to Eric and then me the total was basically 50 bucks for the gripper. We then found it was off and had to make another one. That's basically another 50 bucks. It was made, sent to zcor, then zcor sent it to Eric. So, when all was said and done the cost is 100 bucks to make the MM7.

You should not be able to get one made like this as it's only supposed to be for the MM certs the way Warren stamps them. Hence, it being a collectors item of sorts.

I hope this clears things up.

Why's it a dud? Too easy? Or too hard?

Bill said it was a "dud" because it didn't meet the specs

he requested. The specs Bill asked for would be a harder

gripper than the "dud".

To answer your question, "too easy".

Mighty Joe

Edited by Mighty Joe

Why's it a dud? Too easy? Or too hard?

The first MM7 (Dud) was inadvertently made with the specs of the MM6. The now corrected (new) MM7 is where it should be.

Actually, we don't know how hard it is. It could be harder than an mm6. The spring looks wound tighter than the 6. :)

• 2 weeks later...