Im Cert Done!

yodajaeger

Yo buddies!

Had a little special visitor to my home, the official ironmind witness, and it went through!

I was a little too excited I think so the bend was really "bad" and slow, finished around 30secs, but at least I made it.

It feels great, this was my first goal regarding bending which I had in mind when I started bending and it feels great that I achieved it.

A brief backstory:

When I started bending, a year + 1 week ago, my hands were weeeak. I could barely bend the white nail, and I could just close the #1 IM gripper. After 1,5 months of training I managed to bend the yellow. Another 1,5 month took me to the grade 5 bolt. Then progress halted. So I went back to really easy stuff for the DU during the summer. Suddenly, by september the square fell. By november IM red fell. Then it took my some months to adjust to the stress of IM wraps on the level of the red, especially without rubber bands. And now finally I made it!

I want to say special thanks to my fellow swede, David Wigren, your advice and encouragement has meant a great deal (including the pre-kinked bars you sent me),

as well as to Adam Glass and Zach. And of course to Gazza for coming back to the board. And everyone else of course.

Cheers!

Very well done, onwards and upwards, hope to start putting some vids myself in April when my camcorder arrives, been watching and learning for a year now i cant wait.

Congrats on the cert,Thats a great achievement. :rock

Congrats!

Huge achievment!

Mighty Joe

Congratulations! That's awesome :cool David was my inspiration to get into IM pad bending, too :fear

Edited by The Writer

Thanx guys!

and here is the link to the video

when I watch it afterwards, I see why it's quite slow (normally I finish them around 15-20secs), but I slip 3 times during the bend, each time with the right hand (my driving hand), and each slip makes the wraps looser and the bend actually more difficult :)

So yes, it was a bad bend in the sense that I slipped (nervousness+adrenaline probably), but a good bend regarding the fact that I managed to bend it despite the slippage, I doubt I would have managed it previously.

So all in all, I am very pleased with the day!

Awsome! I had no doubts that you could do it! Can't watch the video now cuz my computer is actin up.

Congratulations

Thanx guys!

when I watch it afterwards, I see why it's quite slow (normally I finish them around 15-20secs), but I slip 3 times during the bend, each time with the right hand (my driving hand), and each slip makes the wraps looser and the bend actually more difficult :)

So yes, it was a bad bend in the sense that I slipped (nervousness+adrenaline probably), but a good bend regarding the fact that I managed to bend it despite the slippage, I doubt I would have managed it previously.

Congratulations :rock As long as its under 1 minute, its yours so enjoy the achievement. Well done!!

p.s I was wondering when you would get that cert. done!! ;)

Thanx guys!

Congratulations :rock As long as its under 1 minute, its yours so enjoy the achievement. Well done!!

p.s I was wondering when you would get that cert. done!! ;)

Yeah, actually it took a month extra to get it done, not so easy for IM to find witnesses in sweden, congrats on yours as well!

And I actually am extra proud over the fact that I "won" over the slippage :)

Very nice! I would have never assumed 30sec was slow, however :rock

Congrats on your IronMind Red Nail Cert :rock:rock I know it is a Great Feeling :rock:rock