New Scroll

timiacobucci

I saw this stuff in the cut pile at the steel supplier's today. Half round, never saw it before. It's like round stock sliced in half down the middle. It is stainless but i have not idea what allot exactly it was a scrap cutoff piece. I figured it would look pretty cool scrolled up. It was about 12' long I think, it would fit inside a basketball now. I gotta clean it up a bit and get some better pictures in the light but for now here you go.

5/8" half round stainless 1

5/8" half round stainless 2

Awesome looking stuff! Nice scroll like the effect with the half round

Lovely scroll! :rock

Awesome scroll Tim! I love the look of the half round when it's all twisted up like that. I bet you could polish that sucker real good(it looks really shiny anyway)and the light would play off the scroll real nice. I like it! :cool:rock :rock

Thanks allot for the compliments.

I got some better pictures now. They are just in place of the old ones, so follow the same links if you want to see them.

Are you done with that Raven?

No, I have been working on it. I spent all day on it yesterday and it did not go well. I was seriously contemplating melting it to pieces with my cutting torch. It is hopelessly complicated and I have to figure out how to do things while I am doing it and take things apart and redo them all the time. I am not saying I won't finish it, but it is turning out to be much more of a challenge than I ever thought it would be. I am learning allot from it though.

Also most all of it is bare hand at this point because of space limitations there is not much room for wraps, they just get in the way. It really wears on my hands and fingers, and patience.

It is just nice to be able to kick out a decent looking scroll like this stainless without a ton of time and work invested in it. I am still sore and beat up from this last one, but at least I have something completed and pretty to show for it now.

This is not really related to this scroll but a friend of mine took a video a while back of me bending a dc1. They had put it up on youtube and I didn't realize it until now. I was still getting over being sick and I didn't bend it nearly as smoothly as I should have. It's not a cert or anything as the other videos are not, nothing is shown clearly, I am just performing it for some friends.

New pics look awesome Tim. If that were mine, I would grab a can of "Nevr Dull",( the cotton wadding metal polish you can get at most auto parts stores. it works GREAT!) polish that sucker up, and put it on my coffee table. That thing is beautiful! :cool:rock