How many have actually seen the kinney #4 close?

Bill Piche

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many have actually seen the kinney #4 close?

• Yes
    • No

It seems to me that after training on the grippers for awhile and THEN actually seeing how Kinney closes a 4, the mindset might be changed for yes or no on whether he closed it. So, vote if you have actually SEEN the close.

What really drives home to point to me isnt the "Get A Grip" video.  It is the fact that I can close the #4 on my leg.  It seems logical to me that if I can close it with assistance someone should be able to close it without assistance? ???

Also-if someone always trained to close the grippers without setting them-doesnt it seem possible that eventualy they will be able to close the #3 and #4 without setting them ala Kinney?

Rick Walker :hehe

Sure. A close is one thing. A SUPER BIG GRIND and totally dominating it is another. His strength in that close is equivalent to doing 3-4 touch and go reps, easily.

That's 3-4 touch and go reps with a 4 when no one has even touched the handles legitimately since.

Heath has been within 1/16" or so on his #4 gripper several times.When he tried my #4, as I recall, he lacked 1/2" or so.

So, imagine that you have seen Heath get his #4 to within

a credit card narrowness away from being shut. You leave

the room, asyou come into the room after Heath has

put his #4 in a drawer, and pulls my #4 out, and tries it as

you witness it. He comes to within 1/2".

When the first witness and you tell your various tales, you

will both be right. Heath's strength did not change, the

resistance of the #4 changed, because it was a different #4.

We do not know whether Kinney's #4 was like Heath's or like mine, or easier than his, or harder than mine.

Looking at the results of the first 13 votes I am surprised that 46% have seen the close.  Then I realized that Wannagrip didn't say on the video.  That's what I took the poll to mean, but since he didn't say maybe people voted yes having merely seen the picture.  Wannagrip, maybe you should edit the first post to say that, because the results may not be accurate otherwise.  By the way, I'd be surprised if that was a vintage 1997 or 1998 #4 in the picture.  I never saw a gripper mounted that high until the ones made around 2000.  My grippers from 1998 are set almost as deep as my Silver Elite, which is a monster gripper.

is there a pic of kinney closing the #4? if so where can i see it?

MILO  back issue. March 98' I think.