Got A Decent Deal On Some Plates Tonight....

foxyj75

Columbus craigslist ad for the plates

Got a deal on these tonight! :rock 50 bucks for all of em'. I would have paid at least double that in a store. Sweet! :cool The kid even met me halfway!

Edited by Foxman

Good deal Fox.I am always watching Craigslist for stuff.Just waiting For those old york dumbells and 45lb. plates to pop up,You know the saying"I just want them out of my basement","they've been here for 20 years".Those are usually the best deals. ;)

That's actually about standard, at least around my place. I pay .50/lb at Play It Again and have gotten those style plates there before, I have 4 of the 33s. Still a good find though, I really want to find 5-6 good 11lb plates.

That's actually about standard, at least around my place. I pay .50/lb at Play It Again and have gotten those style plates there before, I have 4 of the 33s. Still a good find though, I really want to find 5-6 good 11lb plates.

Man, I wish plates were that cheap around here. I paid 10 bucks for each of my CAP 10 pounders.

If you wanted them for pinching, these 11lb'ers wouldn't be good. The outside rim is actually tapered.

Edited by Foxman

Man, I wish plates were that cheap around here. I paid 10 bucks for each of my CAP 10 pounders.

If you wanted them for pinching, these 11lb'ers wouldn't be good. The outside rim is actually tapered.

Damn, new or used? That's how much new plates are here but I always buy used.

Damnnit, I need to find some good 11s available here for pinching.

Damn, new or used? That's how much new plates are here but I always buy used.

Damnnit, I need to find some good 11s available here for pinching.

If I could find used I would buy those instead. I could care less if they're new or pretty. :D

A few weeks ago, I found an ad on there for a 300lb. oly. plate set.................for 35 bucks!!!!!! :blink But, when I called, the guy had just sold em'. DOH! :angry:

A few weeks ago, I found an ad on there for a 300lb. oly. plate set.................for 35 bucks!!!!!! :blink But, when I called, the guy had just sold em'. DOH! :angry:

Everyone's had one of those experiences. I saw a guy with a set of Ironmaster adjustable Dumbbells and an Ironmaster bench for $100!!! And I called about 3 hours too late!!!

I just missed a pretty good deal on eBay not too long ago. It wasn't far from me at all, either. It was over 800lb of oly' weights, (the vast majority of them in 33s, 44s, and 45s) and olympic bench, a preacher curl bench, 2 olympic bars, an olympic curling bar, and a weight tree, and a few sets of hex dumbbells, and somebody beat me for only $700 :angry::dry

Edited by Magnus

I just missed a pretty good deal on eBay not too long ago. It wasn't far from me at all, either. It was over 800lb of oly' weights, (the vast majority of them in 33s, 44s, and 45s) and olympic bench, a preacher curl bench, 2 olympic bars, an olympic curling bar, and a weight tree, and a few sets of hex dumbbells, and somebody beat me for only $700 :angry::dry

Wow!!! That is a good deal! :blink

Wow!!! That is a good deal! :blink

Yeah...oh, I forgot the olympic Triceps bar, too :dry

However, today I got a pretty nice deal at P-I-A:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8445

I'm heading back over pretty soon. They had a pretty nice selection of used plates, only $0.35 per lb.

Good deal Fox.I am always watching Craigslist for stuff.Just waiting For those old york dumbells and 45lb. plates to pop up,You know the saying"I just want them out of my basement","they've been here for 20 years".Those are usually the best deals. ;)

On that same note. I found that if you put an add in the Wanted area of Craigslist like this, "Are you tired of those weights sitting around your place taking up space? I can come by and take them off your hands. Quick and easy." I have done this with many items, basically wording it in a way that I am doing them a favor, and I have got some incredible deals!!! Maybe it's an lady whos son has recently moved out or something.

I got on Craigslist my 2 York Deep dish 45's for about 1 buck pound

I just pick a York Oly. power bar for $20.00 at local Thrift store that where I

get most of my plate I can get 2-45 oly. plates for around $30.00 got a

power rack for $65.00 and there's a place around the corner for me that

I picked up a 400 lb. brand new Ivanko oly set for a $160.00 just got to keep your

eyes open the deal are out there

I picked up a 400 lb. brand new Ivanko oly set for a $160.00 just got to keep your

thats really awsome

thats really awsome

thats really awsome