Twist Yo' Wrist

gothrik

What is a sensible training poundage for the Twist yo' Wrist? What kind of weight can some of the more "hardcore" wrist strength guys pull off?

I am up to 30# for 3 "reps" each side (all the way up and down) without to much difficulty. Is this any good?

What is a sensible training poundage for the Twist yo' Wrist? What kind of weight can some of the more "hardcore" wrist strength guys pull off?

I am up to 30# for 3 "reps" each side (all the way up and down) without to much difficulty. Is this any good?

I would say this is good.

I bought one years ago and used it a lot until

it started irritating my right wrist. It really pumps up

the forearms.

I got to #50 up and back down for my best when I was using it.

I like doing quarter movements with it. Hold the weight off the ground

and just twist your wrists. Don't roll it up. This is how I got up to #50.

Hope this helps. :)

Mighty Joe

I think the style you use has quite a bit to do with the weights that can be handled. IMO 30lbs. is very good if you are using it strictly with just the finger tips. However it is probably not that great if you are wrapping more of your hand around it, sorta like opening a jar, if that makes sense. I suppose what matters is if you feel it helps with your progress on whatever you are training for. I use it mostly at the end of a workout and 10 or 15lbs. will really kill my hands when done very strict for 3-5 reps. I will give it a go tonight with a looser style and see what happens weight wise. Then again I'm not so hardcore !lol