Whts new with me

ruffhans

Just thought i would share some new things ive  done, learned, and came across this last week.

1st  i started useing tiger balm for my hands after taining. ( if they are sore). it is realy good stuff! by the next day,i feel like i can do twice what i did the day befre!

2nd went to wallmart today, purchased a softball. came home put an eyehook threw it and atached some weight. what a beautiful pinch grip tool!

3rd   pinched griped 110 lbs two handed yesterday,.......i held it for about 3-4 secs for 4 reps. i dont know how this is compaared to alot of you pinchgrip champs, but it got my attention! :D  it was tuff  i liked it!

I just recently added the softball lift to my routine 3 times a week.  I agree-it is a wonderful tool!  But, for some reason I cant even come close to the monstrous lifts some have claimed? How about you?

Rick Walker :hehe

Well i do know this.

im not strong in the pinch like some others anyway. but, i can one handed pinch about 60 lbs. the block i use to pinch with is 2 two by fours. so about 2-3 inches i guess. whatever the width of 2 two by fours is.

when i go to pinch lift with the softball, geting up 40 lbs is hard for me.

must be the shape and with of the ball?

I also like the Softball lift, but havent used it regularly yet. When I tried it I could do about 30 kgs with both hands. My left hand is a little bit stronger in this lift actually.

I am up to 2-35s and a 2.5 with PVC pipe through them with one hand.  On then softball lift I have only managed 45 pounds for about 5 second holds!! :crazy

I really think that if you get good at this lift-you will have a mighty set of mits!

Rick Walker

:hehe

Hehe, I got caught up in the mood to do a few softball pinches after I had read this post today. Today I actually managed to do 35 kgs with both hands. I think this is great since I havent tried it in a while. My focus has been grippers since a few months back.

Does anyone know what Brookfield or any others have done with the softball?

I tried the softball lift today again, I am now in love with it :D. Your hand is in a different position compared to regular pinching. The feeling with the softball is much better and it seems to hit the weak points more directly. I was kinda bored with regular pinching but the softball thing is real fun.

Yet another John Brookfield Quote:

"Lifting the “Softball Grip-Master” is absolutely one of the best grip trainers I have found and is a great way to develop tremendous thumb-strength."

I enjoy it too, it's not an everyday go-to lift, but it sure is unique and specific.

A long time ago 1st CoC posted that he had pulled 100lbs in a one arm lat pulldown type movement using the softball grip. I can't remember when or why this came up but I am pretty sure about the weight. This is the most weight I have heard of anyone lifting in any manner of softball lift.

Mike M.

How is the hook being attatched to the softball. Is it simply a matter of screwing a large hook into the ball ?

Old Guy that's all there is to it. Just drill a small hole and screw in eyehook. Or for more strength add epoxy to threads and then screw in.

I remember reading a post by Gorilla Hands long ago in which he mentioned a softball lift of 155 pounds. He mentioned in a later post about lifting 90 pounds attached to an iron shot that is larger than a softball.