Just An Intro

aklifta907

This is an awesome site, I'm real excited to read up and learn as much as possible. Anyway, newbie here, just got into grip stuff about 3 months ago. I am closing the CoC #2 already with left and right hand and have begun doing static holds with the 2.5. I also do an assortment of pinch lifts, heavy holds, and I like tossing around block weights. I also train my wrists alot with the sledge and assorted wrist curls in hopes of gettin better at arm wrestling. I've been doing regular weightlifting for about 7 years now, mostly stupid bodybuilding crap, but now I have gotten away from the "look" and I am really into Old school powerlifting style with my emphasis on getting strong. Sorry so long. You guys on here are really great and your grip strength is incredible!! I want to be a sponge and soak up as much as I can from you guys so I can be as strong as you someday. Hello from the new guy.

holy crap, now I see theres an actual "newbie post here" section, sorry for being a tool.

Welcome man! You'll find that the regular posting members on here bring something to the collective pot that is well worth learning no matter what your discipline is.

Welcome!

It's very good, that you incorporate block weights/pinching, levering and wrist curls!

you seem cool - glad you joined

you seem cool - glad you joined

Thanks guys for the welcome, its appreciated. I have been reading Alot today on here and have picked up alot already, I want to run out into my garage and train like crazy, but I'm really sore from last nights workout, so I'd better not, I need to sleep and heal up. I tend to overtrain, so I'm trying to back off and be a little smarter this year.

I tend to overtrain, so I'm trying to back off and be a little smarter this year.

There's a lot of that going around! :whistel

hear hear

holy crap, now I see theres an actual "newbie post here" section, sorry for being a tool.

Congrats on finding this place - it's the #1 site on the web for grip strength and grip training! What part of Alaska are you from?? :happy

Congrats on finding this place - it's the #1 site on the web for grip strength and grip training! What part of Alaska are you from?? :happy

I live right here in Anchorage. Its a great town with plenty to do in town and then 20 minutes out of town you can be in the middle of nowhere. I enjoy the fishing, hunting, camping and my favorite thing to do is taking my Snomobile back deep into the mountains in 4-6 feet of snow.