Setting of gripper for certification

EricMilfeld

Being that I'm blessed/cursed with relatively short fingers, would using the other hand to help close the gripper on the initial 1.25 inches be considered excessive for qualification on the CoC #3? Thnx

Im not sure about something like that. you would want to call ironmind about that. as far as i know only they can answer that. however i dont realy think they would let you. find out if anyone else with ands your hand size has closed a #3!

I was just thinkng,.. can you close the #3? if so, being certified would be cool, but hey- atleast you can close it!! brookfield closed a #4 while holding it by the springs, ( as told in his book), but you dont see his name in the #4 closing sectoin at ironmind, only kinny's. there s something about being on that list that is awesome i bet!! but if you can close a #3 or #4- you a tuff mamma! :D

Yes, that is legal, Ironmind has rules for grippers, setting is allowed.  Email IM and ask them for certification rules.....

Thnx for the response gentlemen.  I assume that 8 reps on the #2 puts me about a light year away from closing a #3, but I'll post just how close I am from making those stubborn handles meet in the middle soon, as my #3 is being shipped as I type!  But it is reassuring to know I'm not cheating by setting the gripper.  God bless.

8 reps on the #2 doesnt have to be miles away from closing the #3. It totally depends on how tough your #2 is and how tough your #3 will be. Dont have such a huge respect for the #3 and you will get it soon. Believing is the key.

Thnx for the words of encouragement Patrik.  Anyone care to lend me their "easy" #3 for certification ? :p   Actually, I suspect there's a few months of training before me.  I can't wait to see that thing on my doorstep!