Iso's Bending : It Hurts!

ewokhugo

i decided to give Ben's workout a try and i loved it ...couple attempts (iso's) trying to bring one bar to less than 2"(crush)...i gave everything i had.

2 days after it i fell some pain (not an injury) and i today i couldnt bend properly because its still healing ...i decided to try sledge work to rehab(something i never did ...i found i need to stick with it because the wrist area used for DO bending its my WEAK link)

any advice to speed up my recovery? i put some ice;i know this wont last more than 3-4 days but during this time i know i shouldnt do any type of bending ...i used the powerball and i liked it.

i am thinking about to DELOAD in teh end of this week (to help to heal properly and to improve my desire to bend big again)...any thoughts?

thanks in advance.

i decided to give Ben's workout a try and i loved it ...couple attempts (iso's) trying to bring one bar to less than 2"(crush)...i gave everything i had.

2 days after it i fell some pain (not an injury) and i today i couldnt bend properly because its still healing ...i decided to try sledge work to rehab(something i never did ...i found i need to stick with it because the wrist area used for DO bending its my WEAK link)

any advice to speed up my recovery? i put some ice;i know this wont last more than 3-4 days but during this time i know i shouldnt do any type of bending ...i used the powerball and i liked it.

i am thinking about to DELOAD in teh end of this week (to help to heal properly and to improve my desire to bend big again)...any thoughts?

thanks in advance.

I am sore 24/7. But I also bend every other day. Contrast baths in the sink have been the only thing to somewhat help my hands and wrists.

nice to see you doing some isos! trust me they will do wonders for your bending. what I do when my hands and wrists are killing me and I know it sounds crazy, but sometimes I will wear mitts to bed. When I wake up my hands and wrists usually feel alot better.

I would say wait a few days for the pain to subside and you'll be itching to try for a new PR bend. I always am, anyway :D

My wrists are definitely a weak area in my bending as well...I have trouble levering a 6 lb sledgehammer...but it seems to be more of a factor with DU and reverse bending. Try to keep your wrists straight in a DO bend by moving the shoudlers forward, not rolling the wrists.

As for Isos, check out Gazza's crushing technique. He has the longest crush hits I've ever seen. My crush is still weak, but longer hits did help me a lot.

It does work well for me to wait until recovered to do another bending workout. But I have unusually fast recovery. That also seems to come with time spent bending. Wait 3 or 4 days and the desire to bend will dampen the pain from your last workout. When the two achieve a happy medium...then you'll be ready to put that newly increased strength to use.

As for Isos, check out Gazza's crushing technique. He has the longest crush hits I've ever seen.

Unfortunately, all of his videos are gone from youtube. Gazza is no more :(

Chad:sounds good to me , will give it a try!thanks.

Caolan: do u mean "mitts" alone? without ice?lol ...sounds strange my quest , but how does the "heat" improve your recovery?

Matt:thanks for the advice i agree with u . i am terrible with levering as well,but i want to improve it because this is always the area in pain after my bending workout.

Ben: i though i would be capable to bending 3/4 week but your program its DAMM hard (i liked it!) ...anyway i will probably wait a couple of days till my wrist become better and my "eye of the tiger " too!

Carl: GAzza its not there anymore??

The hot/cold therapy's are for letting the blood flow threw the vessels better; making sure 'dirty' blood flows away faster and making the body heal quicker. It's great.

Gazza may have stopped bending, but it's not sure why.

Great work by the way, keep it up bro!!

Edited by luuc

i loved to read your oppinion "yoda"!

great stuff for sure!

yes i am interest to know more, please send me some info /link to hugo_andre_castro@hotmail.com

thanks in advance.

have to buy ben's program? NOPE! Ben is such a really nice guy

; he wont say no if u email him/P.M him asking for it!

great stuff for sure!

yes i am interest to know more, please send me some info /link to hugo_andre_castro@hotmail.com

thanks in advance.

great stuff for sure!

thanks in advance.

Hi, here's a link to a cool article on this

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_articl...ck_off_and_grow

it's written by a power-lifter for a bodybuilding site, but anyway, all the basics are there with solid arguments and so on.

If you have more questions regarding cycling/recovery I'm happy to help, my recovery sucks and I was weak as hell when I started with this a year ago, could barely bend a white in leathers on year ago :)

interesting Darin!

do u mean using the pair of winter socks(cut)during your bending routine as well?

Thanks Yoda i will check it.

interesting Darin!

do u mean using the pair of winter socks(cut)during your bending routine as well?

Thanks Yoda i will check it.

Yes. All I did was cut the toe end off the socks so I had a tube that I could slide over my arms. Worked pretty well actually. And I did wear them during bending. They were a little tight though :P Rehband sleeves would be much better.