Goals For 2009

chriselv

Hi.

I'm pretty new to this forum. I've been reading around awhile, but haven't posted much. So here's my first "real" post :)

In the end of september last year, I got my CoC's from the US. I ordered Sport, Trainer, #1, #2, #3 and #4. I bought #3 and #4 just to have something to show my friends, or at least use it as a book rest :tongue

When I tried the grippers the first time I think I managed to close #1 for 3-4 reps. I got pretty hooked on gripstrength from the day the arrived, and I've been training since. My goal at that time was to close #2 before christmas. I had pretty good progress at that time, so I actually managed to close #2 after about a month, and at christmas times I did 8 reps on the #2. I recieved the #2.5 early this month, and I'm about 4mm of closing it.

So, to my goal for this year:

I'm going to close the #3. I'm not expecting to manage the creditcard-close, that will a goal for next year :rock

So, what do YOU think, is such an progress realistic?

Absolutely. The #3 by the end of 09 is very obtainable :rock

Good to hear that someone think it's possible :)

Don't think I'll be able to focus as much on pure grip strength exercises as earlier, since I'm currently at a very hard deadlift routine. But at least one or two days each week will be doable!

Would also like to say that I think GripBoard is brilliant! A lot of interesting posts to read, and MANY extraordinary strong people! I never thought that gripstrength could be so addictive!

My goals are actually right down in my signature, but here's how I think it will work out: Tendinitis is getting better thanks to the exercises I've been doing and the extra protein and vitamin C I'm taking. I think by mid February I will be back to full strength. For the rest of the month I will be getting myself back up to where I was before, and I believe I had the strength to close a 2.5 before I got hurt. Once I get better I will order it. So, that leaves the entire rest of the year to work into my #3 goal. And since I am smarter now (reading about strength training is all you CAN do when you're hurt!!) I believe my rate of progress will increase and there will be a significant reduction in injuries. Good luck to everybody else here!

I closed #2.5 on tuesday! :D

Congrats, sounds like your improving at a fast rate, i would certainly expect you to shut the #3 by the end of the year, if not by June, then work towards being consistent with it and repping it extra.