Those of you who have Goerner The Mighty, see page 72

for details and page 91 for the photo. He used two fingers

from each hand and from the photo it is difficult to tell if

he is using his thumbs, though they are not mentioned as

being part of the lift.

He was age 42 at the time of this lift.

What's your best, index and middle finger of each hand-

with or without thumbs, on this lift?

Funny you mention this.  Last night when I was doing shrugs-I grabbed my lifting straps that I modified by sowing a loop on the other end so each one has 2 loops.  I took them and looped them under the bar and slid my index and middle fingers of each hand into the 4 loops.  I managed to pull 315 to lockout pretty easy but there was a little pain involved.

Pushing this to the limit could get quite scary-

Rick Walker :hehe

I couldn't resist the challenge!  Fresh out of bed, I ran out into my garage and managed a 435 on the Oklahoma Deadlift Bar, without thumbs.  Thanks for the inspiration Roark.  Let's see, with the advantage of being awake for more than ten minutes, and the proper planetary alignment... maybe 596 :hehe   Yeh, and then I'll go after that backlift record of Anderson's!!!

I've done 570 lb for 2 reps a while ago (about 2 years) but i am stronger now .Once my wrist heals up i will give 600+ a try.I will ask my wife's cousin to take more pictures.I'll also try the deadlift with a bar in each hand over 600+ like Goerner.

Thanks for the idea Joe it will give me something to do,i get bored sometimes and leave the weights alone.

Chris how are you going to do the deadlift with a bar in each hand? I am assuming that you will lift two olympic bars suitcase style. Have you ever tried a max suitcase lift with an EZ-curlbar?

Oldguy,

Sorry , thats what i meant suitcase style deadlift.No i,ve never tried on a ez bar but i do my one arm pressing on one.I will give it a try though.Thanks.

I have suitcase lifted 300 with an EZ curlbar. Not having 2 bars I can only estimate perhaps 450 with the 2 at once. It is my favorite lift, and I would say tougher than a straddle or a from the front lift on the same kind of bar. Currently I am lifting 275 in training. I know that full length olympic bars are harder to control and balance than a curlbar.