Hg500 Calibrations

Grippster

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone here has done calibrations for this gripper. Both new and seasoned that is. I would like to know how it sizes up with the #4 b/c mine seems a fair bit harder than what I would expect from the 4.

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone here has done calibrations for this gripper. Both new and seasoned that is. I would like to know how it sizes up with the #4 b/c mine seems a fair bit harder than what I would expect from the 4.

I don't think any have been calibrated yet, cuz a special rgc would have to be made for the 1" handles.

If you're interested in a subjective test...I tried a BC 500 and a #4 on the same day. I'm not anywhere near closing ither, but I could move the #4 a little more than the BC 500. Then I tried chest crushing, and I thought the 500 was easier. I think the large handles make a huge difference in setting...at least for small-handed clowns like me.

What do you expect a #4 to be like then? :erm

There used to be a video of a 500 close but it got removed was that paul doing that?

That was Paul Savage. But no doubt PK could do it too.

There used to be a video of a 500 close but it got removed was that paul doing that?

I think that was Paul Savage. (edit - Frank beat me to it).

Edited by The Writer

That was Paul Savage. But no doubt PK could do it too.

Maybe someone could send Paul one to close. Eaton?

I have one. It's really awkward because of the huge spread and thick handles.

I'll send it to Paul if he wants to try it :)

I think that was Paul Savage. (edit - Frank beat me to it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7thLSGejZWY

;)

Is this paul knight's close? Assisted or not that's incredible. The only thing in question is if it's seasoned or not. That makes a fair difference.

Edited by Grippster

I think everyone would like to see that, cool! :cool

I was hopin' you were gonna say that :D

Is this paul knight's close? Assisted or not that's incredible. The only thing in question is if it's seasoned or not. That makes a fair difference.

Nah, that's Martin Slona...still bloody strong, though. He's closed a 3.5.

bill told me the 500 would not fit in the device to test the poundage, the spring was too big, but i think he estimated it at 460lbs (dont know if this is out of package or after 100 closes etc), it's not 500, the 500 is just the name - calibration wouldn't tell you how hard it is compared to a #4 anyways to honest, it's a completely different thing due to the thick handles >the best way to judge it is by hand. If i had to say what i thought the 500's ive tried are on an ironmind scale (done using same credit card set rule), for me personally i would say my seasoned 500 is around 4.2, an the brand new one i have is on the same lines as a beef builder pro e.g a coc #5

bill told me the 500 would not fit in the device to test the poundage, the spring was too big, but i think he estimated it at 460lbs (dont know if this is out of package or after 100 closes etc), it's not 500, the 500 is just the name - calibration wouldn't tell you how hard it is compared to a #4 anyways to honest, it's a completely different thing due to the thick handles >the best way to judge it is by hand. If i had to say what i thought the 500's ive tried are on an ironmind scale (done using same credit card set rule), for me personally i would say my seasoned 500 is around 4.2, an the brand new one i have is on the same lines as a beef builder pro e.g a coc #5

It's got shag all to do with spring size and all to do with handle size! :rolleyes Nevermind! ;):)

It's got shag all to do with spring size and all to do with handle size! :rolleyes Nevermind! ;):)

nope, he said spring size, said the 400 was the maximum spring they could use an that the device used cost a hell of a lot so they didnt want to get more (i am remembering 30 thousand dollars but could be wrong)

I have a non-marked hg 400&500 I got from Iron Woody fitness several years ago. The 500 has never been closed. If someone would be willing to make me a regular RGC and one that would fit the HG500, I would be glad to pay for the cost and shipping to me so I could calibrate one.

Thanks

nope, he said spring size, said the 400 was the maximum spring they could use an that the device used cost a hell of a lot so they didnt want to get more (i am remembering 30 thousand dollars but could be wrong)

The spring size on the 500 is .354"/9mm give or take, pretty much the same as the BB Galaxy.

I could quite easily make a device to test them the same as the RNGC, it would just require a slightly larger piece of pipe.

I'm sure I'd have enough for a fish supper and a couple of pints out of your $30,000. :blink

Ok, that explains why it's so difficult to close when unseasoned :blink I didn't actually think it was around the Pro level but now that I think of it I guess it could be. It gets wicked hard to move once you get halfway to parallel, it's like a wall. Even using my legs as well yielded no extra movement.