Armwrestling Table Top

Jeff Parker

I am going to build my own armwrestling table and was wondering if this would be solid enough for the top.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores...tegoryID=503003

in case the link does not work it is Millstead 1/2 In. x 4 Ft. x 8 Ft. OSB Sheathing

I have made a lot of strongman stuff but that was all with welding. I know almost nothing about different kinds of wood.

No joking, you should think about using plexiglass. It is very sturdy and looks pretty cool too. Ron Klemba and Frank Hirst have made some of their table tops with it and they look great.

i like plywood myself for a couple dollars more 3/4 inch will hold a tank and you can get 1/2 a sheet indoor or outdoor quality depending where you keep it mine has been out side for a couple years that press board in your link swells up and splinters and cracks

thanks for the replies!

I got some good luck today as I was talking to my dad on the phone he remembered that he had a large sheet of solid wood, cant remember what kind, that was about an inch thick. I may be making one tomorow. I will put pictures up when it is done. I am going to make an arm that goes up on one side so that I can attach bands to it for solo training or for training against friends that do not have the same arm power.

One more question. For the hand holds for each side I was going to use pipe with a floor flange screwed into the table. What diameter pipe should I use and how tall should it be? Thanks

i have 3/4 inch pipe but one inch is good too use also and five inches tall i have a 4x4 screwed under my table and i drilled into it so the 3/4 pin goes through the table 4 inches to add for stability but james or bob brown should know for sure the size of the top the pin and the pads if you are trying to make a real leagal table to use in a contest mine is just a training table :)

mine will be for training as well. I am actually using your idea of a bench in the middle for arm pads. I found one in the garbage a while ago and never really used it. All in all the whole table should cost me about 8 bucks because I have some stuff for legs laying around.