1/4 X 7 Crs

42wob-14ft

New to the forum but needed some to tell (brag) some one. After bending 8 ft of 3/16 cut in lenghts of 6" 5" and 2 in 4" I decided to give 1/4 a shot. So I bought 4 ft of crs and 3 ft of hrs and just incase I got 1/4 aluminium (to salvage my pride). First shot at 6" hrs no budge, 7" crs bent it alittle, 6' aluminium, well you know, atleast my wife was impressed. ;) Got up this morning watched a few videos tried a different grip and bent the 7" the 6" still no luck. Thanks for taking the time to read I'm just tickled with myself

Haha, the best of us started out with 3/16 and 1/4 stuff man ;) I remember a time I couldn't barely budge 3/16 sq :rock Just keep at it and you'll shoot up the bending line in no time! Keep a close watch on what others do and follow along.

Nice bending! When I started, 1/4" stock seemed indestructable. I am sure you'll get the 6" soon enough.

Nice job and a great start!

Tim

No worries bro I couldnt make the slightest dent in 1/4 CRS when I first started. Any damage at all is a great start. Just work hard at it, keep watchin those videos, and scour the gripboard for any info you need

Nice job!! :rock I remember when a 1/4''G2 kicked my butt! :blush Keep at it, it'll melt in no time. :cool

Welcome to the addiction! You're doing good for just starting out. We've all been there and when you kill that first 60d nail you'll feel like a king. It won't be long. :D

Heh, nothing wrong with bragging. After all, no one would post here if they didn't want to prove their mettle... yes, pun intended :dry

Good job!

Edited by easyWeight

Great work - keep at it! Surfing the net for videos can be very helpful, as mentioned above. I just got a technique tip tonight on YouTube and bent my first IM yellow nail. I was so stoked that I bent two more, just to make sure. :cool

Edited by Reverend Linus

Congrats on your yellow nail bends guys :rock I know too well how you feel :D:D

Well I read the rules for bending and found I didn't do it right, as I used my knee to brace my right hand to get the bend started. I said to myself this will not do, cause I already said I could bend the 7". So I did it again last night and followed the rules. Wow alot harder, but I got it bent. I realize I need to work on technique so should I keep on working with 1/4" or would it be better to drop down to 3/16" for volume. 3/16 rnd seems fairly easy to me but I can't find 3/16 sq is there something else inbetween 3/16" rnd and 1/4" rnd for difficulty? Or do I just need to quit being cheap and buy a bender bag? I hope my question makes sense. Thanks in advance for for all replies.

I have never been into volume bending, myself, and I think if you just keep working on your form with 1/4" stock, a few bends per session, you'll be fine. A bender's bag sure is nice, though :cool I'm on my 3rd one.

1/4" Grade 2 bolts might be easier than 1/4" CRS, if you can find those in a hardware store. The Home Depot near me has a large selection of them.

After my success with the IM yellow last night, I decided to try the blue today. It took about 5 minutes, but I finally got it done! :D

• 3 weeks later...

O.K. Took alittle time off to build wrist up with sledge hammer and free weights. 1/4"X6 down!! :D Seriously need to get form down before I move on. Will post a video this week to get advice. I think flexibility is a major problem but I will let wiser minds then mine to tell me my problem areas.

Thanks for the encouragement