My Next Bend

ewokhugo

today i was happy to bend one red ... i am thinking about to finish the 7 mm stainless i have and brought some 8 mm crs(same as red) and cut it betwen 6" and 7".

to train my kink and sweep maybe 8 mm stainless steel or 9 mm crs ... what do u think guys?

thanks in advance.

I'd say a cut-down Red, cut-down Bastard, 8mm CRS, or something along those lines. The 9mm CRS is a good step above the Reds, but it sure wouldn't hurt to get your hands on it right now for isos and who knows-you might just blast right through it.

thanks Ben ... my red nail video doesnt show properly my kink power ...lol ... i made one red before and the kink was EASY (but the camera stopped the film when i was at 90 deg) ... i have faith i can kink one 9 mm crs ... actually i am excited about it..heheh ...if i fail i will comeback stronger :devil

Ben ,

i was talking about the type of training u made for me ...

u said it would be nice using one heavier bar for kink training ONLY and other for Sweep ONLY.if my max its 8 mm crs at the moment wich steel should i use for kink ? : bring the bar to 160 deg

and

wich steel should i use for sweep? 160deg to 80 deg

and why not ask ...

and for crush?

lol

i am thinking about 8 mm stainless or 9 mm crs for the KINK , same for the sweep and not sure about the crush.

i did one red from 90deg to less than 2" without prob.

thanks ...

Edited by ewokhugo

After I hit my 1st red my next 2 PR bends were a 6" red and a Bastard. I did those about 4 days after my 1st red. So that's what I would recommend next.

After I hit my 1st red my next 2 PR bends were a 6" red and a Bastard. I did those about 4 days after my 1st red. So that's what I would recommend next.

Exactly,

don't bother with 9mm CRS other then iso's.

There's really a great difference between 8mm and 9mm crs.....

so 6.5" red, 6" red, 5.5" red are next up, then bastards, and so on .... ;)

Good advice from the other guys already but dont forget the length of the bar can cause its own problems.

If you are really set on a shiny bastard [7inch x 5/16inch stainless] and if it gives you a problem on the kin[the stock plus the length] then i would train purely useing stainless either 5/16inch or 8mms or both and cut it to 7.5 inch lengths and work down but also cheat kink a few 7inch bars to varying degrees plus kink one at 6.5-6inch length kink it to 3 inches between the legs and use this as your crushdown piece then once it goes to 2inches the 7inch pieces will feel alot easier on the crushdown.

Forgot to say a BIG congrats on the RED bend.

carl: thanks man! whats one MOAB? :unsure

Jdarty: sounds good to me:-) u gave me confidence when u said i should be ready for the read after the 5/16" g2 ... u were right! :mosher

Mark:cool like the idea! :flame

Gazza: great advice!! :bow

Edited by ewokhugo