Black "jh" Grade 5 - 5"x1/4"

easyWeight

So I just got home from class and was reading the calibration sticky up top and decided to give a 5.5"/1/4" G5 a try just out of the blue. Destroyed it like a bag of peanuts!

Well, feeling squirly I have just one Black JH G5 in my bag and it's only 5" long. Well, I figured what the heck may as well give it a try. I didn't expect to even wobble it, but I ended up putting a decent kink in it! Just couldn't crush the darn thing. Not trying to make excuses but I did just bend yesterday followed by a ME upper day on Monday. Just sayint that if I'm fresh I should be able to do some serious damage to one of these. I just need to find out where to buy more :P

Here's the vid (when it's processed).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg-xbX1PBTA

Oh, and being the n00btard that I am I didn't measure it on camera prior to the attempt. But it's 5"

Congratulations man. I have a bunch of those I've gotten locally, and they are the bane of my short-bending existence :angry: I can't get them past 90 degrees on a good day.

You can get em' at "Tractor Supply" ag stores. Don't be down, those are hard, especially at 5''! I've been bending those in tiny leathers DU, and they were just a hair easier than a Triangle G8!!(@6'') :blink

Darin , it was awesome!!! this bar its no joke!! its a big jump from your previous bend!! 110deg its VERY impressive but i know u can do better:-)

You can get em' at "Tractor Supply" ag stores. Don't be down, those are hard, especially at 5''! I've been bending those in tiny leathers DU, and they were just a hair easier than a Triangle G8!!(@6'') :blink

What??? I know you bend a lot of short stuff, but the 5" JH black bolts I got (from TS) are much harder than 6" G8. I've bent G8's in IM pads, easily, and I've never got one of the 5" black G5's in any wraps.

Thanks guys!

I just got home from the gym and decided to give that sucker another whack. It wasn't easy by any means, but I finished that little @#$%&^#! I uploaded a picture into my gallery so you can check it out.

I need to get some more of them and I think I'll get one in a sitting next time and hopefully get it all on vid. I just need to do a few things first. Like warm up, because this morning the only thing I did before it was a 5.5" regular G5. Plus I think I need to take a few days to let my thumb pads recuperate because they're SORE!! Also I need really work on getting them to bend in the center. I'm sure that didn't help my cause with this bugger. I ran across good advice to mark my stock before wrapping, so I'll definitely be doing that from now on.

Again thanks for the advice I've got so far and the kind words fellas!

Good bend! I still haven't fully bent a regular 5" Grade 5.

Oddly enough, there isn't a Tractor Supply in my town. I just got home from running around to four different bolt suppliers and no one carries the Black JHs, and I only found one place that carries 6" G8s! I even looked for 5/16" G2s, but no one carried any G2s. I was under the assumption that these were common bolts.

So, does anyone know of other places I maybe able to get these Black Jhs, maybe online? Thanks!

Edited by easyWeight

Oddly enough, there isn't a Tractor Supply in my town. I just got home from running around to four different bolt suppliers and no one carries the Black JHs, and I only found one place that carries 6" G8s! I even looked for 5/16" G2s, but no one carried any G2s. I was under the assumption that these were common bolts.

So, does anyone know of other places I maybe able to get these Black Jhs, maybe online? Thanks!

Lowes and Home Depot are good sources for 5/16'' G2's, dunno about the G5's :cool

Damn guys I feel better then, I just got some of these the other day from a tractor supply on a whim when I was getting some shoes there and thought they seemed unreasonably difficult.

I am just starting to get over being sick and getting some of my old strength back and I had a tough time getting one of these at 5" in IM wraps. It is nice to hear they are at or above a 6" g8. I thought I was getting soft.

I would say the g2s are common enough, you just have some goofy stores near you. But to answer your second question

http://www.boltdepot.com/hex-bolts.aspx

this place has some real good prices on g5s and g8s but only up to 6". Also the g5s sold here are not the nasty black ones but what I think are more average g5 steel, roughly halfway between crs and g8 at the same length.

Has anyone found a cheap place to get 7" edgins?

Edited by timiacobucci

Lowes and Home Depot are good sources for 5/16'' G2's, dunno about the G5's :cool

I'll have to check Lowes. Home Depot here has a really poor selection also. I think they had 3"x5/16" and shorter G5s and that was it. There is a Tractor Supply in my hometown, maybe I'll have to convince my paps to send me some if they have them (it's a much smaller town, so smaller store).

Also, thanks for the link timiacobucci. I like that they sell by the bolt and not quantity. I was affraid I would have to buy a box of 100 yesterday just to get some bolts!