Bending Steel And Shooting Guns

timiacobucci

I went out with one of my friends from work and his friends to go shooting. I have only tried it one time before at a range. I also bent some steel for them and they all gave it a go. I bent some timber spikes and 60d's and 5/16" g2's and some DC1's. Some guys wobbled the 60ds and one guy tweak a dc1 a few degrees which impressed me. I did bring some timber ties to be nice and 3 guys bent those.

They kept trying to find bigger guns I couldn't easily shoot with one hand. The 44 magnum ruger redhawk and blackhawk where the biggest, those are some fun. I can't aim worth a damn but they all got a kick out of the lack of recoil in my arm.

I know it's sort of off topic but I know I don't have many pictures or videos of me actually performing much bending so I thought I might share it. Also it is steel bending and I know allot of guys on here are into guns.

http://www.virtualford.org/photopost/showg.../cat/844/page/2

Looks like a good combination to me.

I didn't know you liked guns, Wes :upsidedwn:D

:fear

That looks way too damn warm to be January. Floridians... psht.

Sounds like a fun day to me!!!

Seems like a kickass fun day. Combining the 2 most intense and destuctive things, shooting and bending. :cool

I shoot alot of different guns during my military service. Also couldn't aim worth a damn, but I was really good with the bigger typ of guns, automatic guns.

Havn't done much shooting after it. Done some clayshooting but that's about it. Havig a licens and owning a gun here where I come from is a real hassle... Well at least I get to bend as much as I want

That looks way too damn warm to be January. Floridians... psht.

You are right about that. It was in the 80s for a couple of days recently. I am from MA so it is still surreal, doesn't seem like it can really be January. It was single digits for while near Boston when I went back to visit my family for christmas, then bam, 80 degrees again.

Seems like a kickass fun day. Combining the 2 most intense and destuctive things, shooting and bending. :cool

I shoot alot of different guns during my military service. Also couldn't aim worth a damn, but I was really good with the bigger typ of guns, automatic guns.

Havn't done much shooting after it. Done some clayshooting but that's about it. Havig a licens and owning a gun here where I come from is a real hassle... Well at least I get to bend as much as I want

I don't own any myself, they are working on me though. It is still a hassle here to get the permits to be able to carry a gun in a functional manner. I still fail to see how having a gun 3 steps away in a locked box unloaded in your car is ever going to help you if you might actually need to use it. I have never used an automatic for obvious reasons. That AR15 was nuts though, it would settle back so quickly and smoothly it was creepy how easy it was to get off allot of shots in short order very accurately.

Nice, Tim. I was actually wondering the other day about the recoil thing. I used to mess around with a buddy's Redhawk .44, and one handed it would really jump. I bet now it wouldn't move much! :rock I also had to laugh; is that a hardware store bolt bag on the ground? You can always tell I've been someplace because those bags are always ending up where I am!! :D

Now that's my kind of fun. I have a pair of S&W 629-1 44 mags in 3" and 4" that are a blast to shoot. They are both ported so not a problem to shoot 1 handed. But I have a Taurus Raging Bull 454 that will really keep you busy to hold onto 1 handed. The muzzle energy is 3 times that of a 44 mag. Talk about some fun wrist work :D

Now that's my kind of fun. I have a pair of S&W 629-1 44 mags in 3" and 4" that are a blast to shoot. They are both ported so not a problem to shoot 1 handed. But I have a Taurus Raging Bull 454 that will really keep you busy to hold onto 1 handed. The muzzle energy is 3 times that of a 44 mag. Talk about some fun wrist work :D

I'm more a model 29 fan misself :D I shoot around a hundred rounds a week and cast my own bullets for my 4'' Model 29 Elmer Keith Commemorative.

I'm more a model 29 fan misself :D I shoot around a hundred rounds a week and cast my own bullets for my 4'' Model 29 Elmer Keith Commemorative.

Oh yeah, the 29 is an excellent gun. I was back and forth between a beautiful blued 29 in 3" and my 629-1 3". It was a difficult choice, but the 629 just had a smoother trigger. My 4" 629 is a performance center custom with a non fluted cylinder, high bright polish finish job, porting, and the full Master revolver action package. The single action trigger break is about a pound and a half.

Now that's my kind of fun. I have a pair of S&W 629-1 44 mags in 3" and 4" that are a blast to shoot. They are both ported so not a problem to shoot 1 handed.

Nice...I had a newer unported 629 (-6, I think) with a 4" barrel. I fired 50 rounds through it as soon as I got it and afterwards found I'd torn a nice patch of skin out of my right palm. I also had a 686 .357 with a 4" barrel, which I liked better to be honest.

Sadly, I had to leave all handguns behind when I moved to NY :(

Looks like a good combination to me.

I didn't know you liked guns, Wes :upsidedwn:D

:fear

:laugh:laugh

Very cool Tim!

If you want to make that .44 kick harder, there are some "heavy" hunting loads that have 260 and 280 grain bullets and they are loaded plenty hot. Buffalo Bore makes one as well as Cor-bon.

There are .44 loads all over the map so you can fine tune as you want.

Tim

If you want to make that .44 kick harder, there are some "heavy" hunting loads that have 260 and 280 grain bullets and they are loaded plenty hot. Buffalo Bore makes one as well as Cor-bon.

Tim

Actually I get alot of my ammo from Buffalo Bore already. I use there 44, 454, and 45-70. For .357, .45, .40, and 9mm I go with the +P+ stuff from Double tap. It's really hot and at a good price also.

Never tried the double tap ammo but I've got some +P+ from the Winchester Ranger line. My favorite load is the 127 gr STX Ranger +P+ other wise known as the former "evil" black talon load.

Tim

Never tried the double tap ammo but I've got some +P+ from the Winchester Ranger line. My favorite load is the 127 gr STX Ranger +P+ other wise known as the former "evil" black talon load.

Tim

I've got some .44 magnum Black Talon sitting around. That's some good shit

Whew, black Talons in .44 mag! That would leave a nasty wound. Actually though the 9mm version at 147 grains was never really that great because it was loaded light to be a sub-sonic round for supressed weapons. The 127 grain +p+ is another animal entirely though.

Tim

Nice, Tim. I was actually wondering the other day about the recoil thing. I used to mess around with a buddy's Redhawk .44, and one handed it would really jump. I bet now it wouldn't move much! :rock I also had to laugh; is that a hardware store bolt bag on the ground? You can always tell I've been someplace because those bags are always ending up where I am!! :D

Sorry for the delay on responding to this thread. Ya I can't even imagine that gun moving in your hands if I could control it well, I guess you must have been much weaker back then, hehehe. And yes that is a tractor supply bag, I think it's funny when people ask suspiciously where I got the bolts as if they were fake and I just say look at the bag I brought them in, do you want a receipt too?

Tim

I was wanting to try these out. http://www.garrettcartridges.com/products.asp Go to the bottom, how about a 330 grain bullet at 1400 FPS? I especially like this part I read on the website,

Can I shoot the 330-grain 44 Magnum Hammerhead Ammo in Ruger Super Blackhawk, Colt Anaconda, Taurus, or Smith & Wesson revolvers?

No, our 330-grain ammo generates too much pressure for those guns, and is recommended for use only in Ruger Redhawks, Super Redhawks, and Dan Wesson revolvers. For all other revolvers we recommend our SAAMI pressure-compliant 310-grain Hammerhead Ammo, the only SAAMI pressure-compliant 1200 ft/lb ammo on the market.

I was actually looking at a .454 redhawk or alaskan. The .44 seems to be allot more prevalent but the .454 casull seems much nastier. There are hot .44 loads like the garrett above and buffalo bore ones that are equal to most of the .454 ammo I have found for sale though. Companies seem to like to max out the .44 and shy away from loading the .454 too heavily. Here is what it says on the buffalo bore website.

The .454 Casull is one cartridge that BBA does not load to it's full pressure limit. When loaded to it's full pressure potential the .454 Casull can become unreliable and unpleasant to shoot. At upper pressure levels, heavy bullets tend to jump crimp - tying up the cylinder. (wouldn't this be great in an emergency) Also, fired brass can stick in the chambers.

BBA feels that a 360 gr. bullet (or 325 gr. bullet at 1525 fps) at 1425 fps is still very powerful, comfortable to shoot, and TOTALLY RELIABLE. At these levels, these bullets give

up nothing in killing performance.