1/4" X 6" G8 In Imp's

tja

Very nice Joonas! You're joining another thinning crowd. Those that can bend a Grade 8 with Ironmind pads.

Thanks fellas! Matt, Ben, how far is the red from G8? Crushing one is easier I think (no spring effect), but kink is probably harder.

Well, not to be discouraging, I bent a G8 in IM pads long before I did the red. No comparison, really. Of course, your other bending shows you're probably not far off in strength, I'd say.

If you have any of the harder bastards, I think if you can kink one of them in a single thin set of leather pads, you're close to a red nail in just IM pads.

Nice!! Those G8's are a bear to kink, especially in thin pads!! :rock :rock

not to purposefully disagree with the rest of the crowd, but i say if you can get the g8 in IM pads, just go for the red.

at this point, imo, its just a mental game. i remember posting a few years back that i had gotten the 60d's in IM pads bent in a few seconds. and i heard the same comments. big gap. one man by the name of dan praydis told me it is all mental at that point - get your mind right and do it. a month later, having bent nothing "in between" a 60d and a red and having no knowledge of "the gap," i crushed a red in IM pads in about 30 seconds.

so i tell you the same thing that dan told me. get your mind into it. stretch it out, do a warmup bend, and go for the crush.

the red is yours :rock

I say if you can get the g8 in IM pads, just go for the red.

Oh, I'd never say don't go for it...but I tried MANY times before I actually got it. For some of us it is absolutely not a mental game. I just needed to get stronger.

Thanks for the encouragement! Couldn't resist any more but went and tried a red. I got a tiny kink into it, but it was still too strong for me. Hope to get it soon!

That's a bend to be proud of. I say go for the red right now. You just never know in the world of bending.

Thanks for the encouragement! Couldn't resist any more but went and tried a red. I got a tiny kink into it, but it was still too strong for me. Hope to get it soon!

if you can kink it, you can crush it. take a few days off. really get your head into it man. honest to God, i had nightmares about it - that's how "into it" i was. make that the focus. then attack it. warpaint up and kill it.

Congrats on the g8 in ironmind wraps thats a nice bend.

The RED if you can wound it you can kill it just keep attacking it make it a personal battle.

Diesel have a very good point. the killing attitude/having fun its very important thats what make progress happend.

i dont have a "goal"(i think i can bend the red this year but i am not rush) i just want to have fun and improve my bending.

its a good sport to strenght up the character as well..lol..yes i believe so.

Edited by ewokhugo

Congrats on the g8 in IMP.Thats a great bend. :rock good luck on killing the red.