How do you decide on what to train?

Jonathan McMillan

My point of this post is this:  There's so many great exercises and goals to work towards -such as Wannagrip's focus on the inch bell.  How do you decide what to focus on?  I want to try to do everything.  I haven't incorperated any kind of bending in my routine yet, and the grippers are just barely there (still waiting for the mail to come in).  But these are some of the things I'd like to add to my routines.   Currently I'm working with the Hardy Handshake, block weights, wrist roller, plate curls and plate wrist curls, Saxon's string lift, potato crushing, towel chins, wire cutting..feel like I'm forgetting something but my plates looking full already.

Jon@han

Jonathan.

it sounds like your doing alot. im not sure how much of everything you do, but be  real careful not to overtrain. also im no sure how much grip training you have under your belt, but i feel that a sound foundatoin is importent to be able to do some cool feats of strength. some dood advice i once got was to get a good year of training under my belt before trying any of theese things. i found out that it takes a  year, at least to get strong enough! however if you have some good training, and your strong enough, i would start by seeing what you can and cant do. ask yourself what YOU think would be cool to do! :D   good luck!

and train like a mother!

ask yourself what YOU think would be cool to do! :D

Yeah that's what I say, but you've got to narrow it down to no more than 3 things (1 or 2 is better IMO). Remember that there's some carryover from one thing to the rest so if you get really strong on something, you'll be stronger on the other stuff also.

I have 2 reasons.

I train on what I enjoy and then I

Train on whats in the Iron Grip competition.

Right now I'm training four my Jan 18th extravaganza at Pullum Sports.

On the Tuesday session I do the Rolling Thunder and almost got 282 pounds last time (this week baby!)

On Thursdays I do: Thick handled dumbbell work, weaver stick work and Partial deadlifts (not max I'm still training at home so can only go to 700)

In between I work on the CoC 3 and 4.

Thanks guys,

I forgot to mention plate pinches, I've been doing these for about 2 years off and on.  I'll post my current training schedule in the training forum.

Jon@han   ps.  sorry for the darn double postings as of late, gotta remember not to use the back tool in explorer!