Another Small Step Towards The #3

Mlstrass

Pretty happy today as I took another small step towards the #3. I'm far from some of the genetic wonders on here as it took me a year to close the #2 and 6 more months to close the #2.5 consistently.

I've been doing a basic routine on the grippers 2x per week for about 30 minutes. Doing mostly reps in the 5-8 range and it seems to be working pretty well. I do a "test day" every 4-5 weeks.

Today I managed a close RH with the RB240 (2.92) and got the 260N LH (2.75) Numbers are based off my DS #3 which is harder then my COC #3.

My words of wisdom: consistency is the key, so pick a routine and stick with it, but don't be afraid to change things up if a movement or set/rep scheme isn't working for you. Keep a detailed log, so you can track progress or a lack of, and use that to make adjustments.

Most importantly avoid injuries at all cost. Religiously work your extensors and warm-up before attempting big grippers. And have FUN!!!

I hope to be dancing with the #3 before the end of 2009 :tongue

Edited by Mlstrass

sounds like you'll have it waaaaaay before the end of 09 - great work! :rock

good job stickin with it man. keep pushing yourself in the workouts and take the 3 down.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It's got a wide spread though which is a challenge for my 7.5" hands, but I won't let that stop me.

Special thanks goes out to the Diesel Crew as your vid was my motivator today :bow

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It's got a wide spread though which is a challenge for my 7.5" hands, but I won't let that stop me.

Special thanks goes out to the Diesel Crew as your vid was my motivator today :bow

It's got a wide spread though which is a challenge for my 7.5" hands, but I won't let that stop me.

I feel your pain there! ;)

I'm with you on the #3 journey. This month is my 2 year mark since starting grippers. 6 months to get the #2, another 6 to get the #2.5 MMS & #3 in a choker, 12 months later I managed the #2.5 TNS but the #3 MMS is still a bit out there. Hope you get it this year just as I do. Good luck! ;)

Pretty happy today as I took another small step towards the #3. I'm far from some of the genetic wonders on here as it took me a year to close the #2 and 6 more months to close the #2.5 consistently.

I've been doing a basic routine on the grippers 2x per week for about 30 minutes. Doing mostly reps in the 5-8 range and it seems to be working pretty well. I do a "test day" every 4-5 weeks.

Today I managed a close RH with the RB240 (2.92) and got the 260N LH (2.75) Numbers are based off my DS #3 which is harder then my COC #3.

My words of wisdom: consistency is the key, so pick a routine and stick with it, but don't be afraid to change things up if a movement or set/rep scheme isn't working for you. Keep a detailed log, so you can track progress or a lack of, and use that to make adjustments.

Most importantly avoid injuries at all cost. Religiously work your extensors and warm-up before attempting big grippers. And have FUN!!!

I hope to be dancing with the #3 before the end of 2009 :tongue

Hi,

It sounds like you are doing just the right thing - and keeping track of your training is the single most important thing that you can do.

Keep on doing what you are doing - and very gently increase the workload over a long period - so it becomes something that you just "do".

Best of luck to you in your chosen goal.

Laine

Good job man! keep doin' what your doin' and i know you'll be dominatin' sooner than ya think.

I'm with you on the #3 journey. This month is my 2 year mark since starting grippers. 6 months to get the #2, another 6 to get the #2.5 MMS & #3 in a choker, 12 months later I managed the #2.5 TNS but the #3 MMS is still a bit out there. Hope you get it this year just as I do. Good luck! ;)

You and I will be raising a glass to celebrate the closing of the #3 in 2009 :tongue

You and I will be raising a glass to celebrate the closing of the #3 in 2009 :tongue

From what I have seen, you will definately close this #3 that I am sending you. ;)

From what I have seen, you will definately close this #3 that I am sending you. ;)

That would be a great confidence booster for any mental barrier I have :D