New Bending Pr - 6" Edgin

JDarty6173

01/01/2009

Well I decided to start the new year off right by getting in a little light bending, or so I thought. I went through a few various 7" pieces just to work on my form and flexibility, and finished that up with a 7" Hexabastard. Well I was still feeling good about 5 bends into the session, so I decided to have a try at a 6" Triangle Edgin. Well I wish I could say it went down as quick and easy at the 6.5" Edgin did a few days back, but I would be lying. I fought with this thing I guess for about 20 minutes before I got it to 2". The kink was easy, and overall pretty easy down to 90 degrees. But past 90 that sucker just froze up. I have never really had to fight a crush before this bend. I don't know if I was just really fatigued from the prior bends or if it really was that tough, but it sure was one heck of a fight to finish off that last inch and a half.

Here is a list of all the bends for the evening:

1 - 60D

3 - 7" x 1/4" fbbc Square

1 - 7" HexaBastard

1 - 6" Triangle Edgin (PR Bend)

3 - 7" x 5/16" Fastenal 304 Stainless

1 - 8" x 5/16" Fastenal 304 Stainless

This was also my first bending with the stainless. My shineys are not here yet, and Fastenal was out of 303 so all I had was the 304. It was a pretty easy bend. But I did not like how it bent with a wide loop. Kinda odd. But it was good for working on my flexibility with the 7" stuff. But then I accidentally cut a bar to 8", and Curt talked me into going ahead and trying it. Well it was hell trying to get it into position, but I finally got it going and finished it off in a couple minutes. My focus will continue to be with the 7" stock until I can get comfortable and consistent with it. I will be trying to hit some volume with it every session for a while, with an occasional short bend thrown in.

Great work, that's one tough bend!!! :rock

Outstanding bending! :rock I'm sure the next time you go for the 6" Edgin you'll be able to kill it much faster.

Thanks guys. I wish I had hit the Edgin while I was fresh. I was already pretty tired from the previous bends. And I still can't get over how hard the kink is on that Hex stock. It felt considerably tougher than the Edgin Kink, however it certainly has a great deal to do with my struggling to get 7" stock into position and getting it stable. I think with a week off to recover and hitting it fresh I could get the 6" Edgin in under the 5 min limit. I guess I will find out soon in a couple weeks. Right now I want to focus on the 7" stuff, shineys and Hex. I really struggle with that length. I will also be cutting a bunch of stainless to 7.25 and 7.5 inches and working that. Once I am comfortable at > 7" then 7" should not be a problem..Well at least it sounds good anyway...

An Edgin at 6 inches is Huge :rock You should start doing certs and share your vids with us :mosher

I wish I had hit the Edgin while I was fresh. I was already pretty tired from the previous bends.

:fear

Congratulations on the bending session!

:rock:rock The shiny's will be an absolute joke for you. I bet you will KILL a Huge shiny the first time you try it, if not even shorter lengths :rock:rock

:rock:rock The shiny's will be an absolute joke for you. I bet you will KILL a Huge shiny the first time you try it, if not even shorter lengths :rock:rock

Thanks, actually I was planning on hitting a huge Shiny as soon as FedEx gets them to me.. Likely a 6" will be a little easier for me than the 7". At least that is how it has been for most of the various FBBC stock and such. I can get a 6" bar in place much easier than a 7". But I'm working on that.

An Edgin at 6 inches is Huge :rock You should start doing certs and share your vids with us :mosher

Thanks Booyah. I will be getting some bends on video for certification after I finally take some time off to heal. I have been beating my hands, wrists and forearms to death for about 6 weeks now by bending every 2 to 3 days. Just touching the top and sides of my forearms is painful, like they are badly bruised. And this has been the case for the past few weeks. I am still able to deal with it and bend, but it really slows me down. Bends are taking at least twice as long as they should because I am having to take a minute or more between hits to let the pain subside. But I know if I can continue to endure this bending schedule I will be MUCH stronger for it once I take a couple weeks off. Then I will be getting some certification videos submitted and posted up.

01/01/2009

Well I decided to start the new year off right by getting in a little light bending, or so I thought. I went through a few various 7" pieces just to work on my form and flexibility, and finished that up with a 7" Hexabastard. Well I was still feeling good about 5 bends into the session, so I decided to have a try at a 6" Triangle Edgin. Well I wish I could say it went down as quick and easy at the 6.5" Edgin did a few days back, but I would be lying. I fought with this thing I guess for about 20 minutes before I got it to 2". The kink was easy, and overall pretty easy down to 90 degrees. But past 90 that sucker just froze up. I have never really had to fight a crush before this bend. I don't know if I was just really fatigued from the prior bends or if it really was that tough, but it sure was one heck of a fight to finish off that last inch and a half.

Here is a list of all the bends for the evening:

1 - 60D

3 - 7" x 1/4" fbbc Square

1 - 7" HexaBastard

1 - 6" Triangle Edgin (PR Bend)

3 - 7" x 5/16" Fastenal 304 Stainless

1 - 8" x 5/16" Fastenal 304 Stainless

This was also my first bending with the stainless. My shineys are not here yet, and Fastenal was out of 303 so all I had was the 304. It was a pretty easy bend. But I did not like how it bent with a wide loop. Kinda odd. But it was good for working on my flexibility with the 7" stuff. But then I accidentally cut a bar to 8", and Curt talked me into going ahead and trying it. Well it was hell trying to get it into position, but I finally got it going and finished it off in a couple minutes. My focus will continue to be with the 7" stock until I can get comfortable and consistent with it. I will be trying to hit some volume with it every session for a while, with an occasional short bend thrown in.

Very Strong! Congrats..... :rock