The Blob

mglassner

Hey guys, I just got my first blob, and I gotta say, I didnt anticipate half of a 100lb York to be so damn intimidating. It seems almost impossible to lift it with one hand. How long did it take any of you guys who can lift it, to well...lift the blob?

Thanks...I am just curious

Max

Welcome to the group! It took longer to lift the Blob for me than most of my best grip feats. I know it was probably a task finding one but, like like the long road to the inn.. worth it! I think directly training with the Blob (perhaps using a deloading system) even if you can't lift it with be the quickest road to success.A tip.... the blob lift is an isometric, static lift and isometric strength is best grenerally increased when done in the exact position you wish to increase strength. So, thinner or lighter Blobs of less width or bluk will not relate in training effects as well as the full size and shape 50lb Blob. a Best of lucK! RS

Negatives can also help. I have used these very effectively. Just assist it as much as it takes to lift it with the other hand and then flight like crazy to keep it from coming out of your hand at the top.

I had one of those little trampolines sitting around, it works great for training negatives and deloading the blob. If you do a search you can find other methods mentioned on the board for deloading. Good luck and have fun.

I worked up to a "Blob" lift by moving from a 25 lbs blob all the way up to the real deal. I would suggest purchasing some hex blockweights to allow progression. While they are not the exact article, in general, wide pinch strength will transfer to wide pinch strength. Two really great exercises that helped me are overhand tosses (pick block up toss slightly in the air, catch with other hand, in a pinch grip of course) and shot rotations with 6lbs shots. Enjoy!