Im Cert On Hold

matthcarl

In case anyone was curious about my plans to cert on the IM red nail, I have emailed them and asked to hold off for now.

I'm not sure what the whole story is, but my bending strength is down considerably, especially in thin pads. I think doing so much snow shoveling aggravated my right shoulder, which I hurt this past spring, and dumb as it may sound, I think the drier weather hasn't been good to my hands. Bending even in thin leather bunches up the skin very painfully on my index fingers.

I am going to keep training, and will not attempt the cert until I've bent one of the new bastards in IM pads.

Edited by The Writer

In case anyone was curious about my plans to cert on the IM red nail, I have emailed them and asked to hold off for now.

I'm not sure what the whole story is, but my bending strength is down considerably, especially in thin pads. I think doing so much snow shoveling aggravated my right shoulder, which I hurt this past spring, and dumb as it may sound, I think the drier weather hasn't been good to my hands. Bending even in thin leather bunches up the skin very painfully on my index fingers.

I am going to keep training, and will not attempt the cert until I've bent one of the new bastards in IM pads.

Good Idea Matt

For the dry skin see if you can get a product called working hands very nice stuff it replenishes the skins moisture without being greasy and oily.And I hope your shoudler feels better soon my friend.

That sucks Matt i got the shoulder issues going on here as well.Maybe we can cert 2gether when we heal up.......

Ain't no thang! Rest is the key! Working out makes you weaker, resting afterwards is what makes you strong.

If anything, putting the cert on hold, rather than carrying on regardless, is the strength of mind that has got you to cert level. I know that if I'd had my time again I would have paid more attention to the pain.

You will return stronger than ever before.

Heal up and get 'er done when you're ready bro!