Santa Claws Grip Get Together.....comp Is Finished

1stCoC

A quick overview...Some lifts hard to be imagined..great group of guys.The contested voted on items by the Grip page came to the "tie breaker" Barbaran grip dyno. Final placing by a scant margin.... Rich Williams first, Chad Woodall second, Tex, third, Rex Hubbard 4th. We have a bunch of video to go through... we will get it up holidays permitting. In my opinion there were some of the greatest grip feat performances I have ever seen done .All good sports, and super strong, I was proud to have been a part. Most went on after the comp to do extra grip feats AND workout too!RS

Great job guys. I can't wait to see the videos.

Congrats to all !! Can't wait to see all the video!

Awesome it must have been a blast great job guys!!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher:mosher

Can't wait to see this stuff.

Hey Richard, maybe the next get together can be NOT on a Monday or when i have to do a seminar in PA? Plllllllleeeaasse.

Can't wait to read a full-blown write-up and see some video. :rock

Rich really had no idea about "the world of grip" or even that this was a contest. He did no training for it and just thought he was coming with Tex for a workout. Tex manned up and competed despite having shoved a drill bit into the base of his first finger earlier that day ( he eased the bandage away and there was a neat round hole going deep into his hand) After the competition was over and Bert explained to Rich what the whole thing was about Rich did sets of rep deadlifts with 725 missed 785 a couple of times and as he bundled up to shuffle out into the cool night Bert said "what can you do on a 2" overhand axle deadlift? Well, he dropped his bag, walked over pulled 405,485 and got 500 to his knees three times laughed and left.... not a clue to anything he did last night was "special"

First through 3rd place was by a one point separation and the tie breaker Baraban dyno sqeezes were all within 5 kilos for the top three. I don't know what the record on it is but,, I think we saw the highest marks done on one .RS

It was awesome seeing the guys go at it last night. Chad is in wonderful shape, and was scary good at the 2x45 fat York pinch gripping and the Blobs. Tex competed well and did the Blobs for the first time (both hands) despite the drilled left hand hours earlier. Rex ripped the blobs off of the ground like they were toys, and then deadlifted with us after another hour of grip feats with Dad. Rich is just a good natured, big, strong freak (Mark Henry-esque) who has no clue about his potential.

Notable folks in the room not able to, or chose not to play- House (back injury last week), Cyborg, had to train earlier that day, pulled 675x2 at 265 bw, and World Record Holder (2905lb. total) Donnie Thompson.

Very humbling experience indeed. These guys were awesome. Kudos!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Bert

Great write-up Rex. Congratulations on the double Original Blob lift and your overall performance. Did you fully lift the Circus Dumbbell?

Excellent write up Rex, sounds like an amazing time full of worlds class feats by world class competitors - I can hardly wait to see the footage!

quit writing about it - we wanna see videos! :laugh

So Mr. Sorin closed the Silver Crush with two fingers, multiple times??? What would you estimate the set width was???

So Mr. Sorin closed the Silver Crush with two fingers, multiple times??? What would you estimate the set width was???

I would like some confirmation on this as well, especially if it was CCS width.

Glad to see you proved me wrong on the O-blobs Rex :rock although it looks like I was right on regarding the deep dish 45s.

I would like some confirmation on this as well, especially if it was CCS width.

Glad to see you proved me wrong on the O-blobs Rex :rock although it looks like I was right on regarding the deep dish 45s.

By multiple times, I meant he did more than one single with it. And the two I saw, it looked like he got it very close. I was a few feet away. It was impressive. Richard obviously had the best vantage point, so he can correct me if I'm wrong about the details.

-Rex

Edited by The Natural

I was squeezing on it a bit but no where near closing them. From your angle it might have looked so. The two finger movements have in any form of grip have always been my best suit. Rex , we were all very impressed with you and your manner of going after any grip task put before you. The welcome mat is always out. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. Happy Holidays! RS