Iso´s

ewokhugo

i started bending and i fell i need to start doing some ISOs.

wich kind of approach looks better?

picking heavy gripper(+#4) and hold it for seconds, using the j.brookfield exercice(wood block using on loading pin and squeeze the wood with the weight atach or kink one heavy bar of stell and make isos's?

i am just a begginer, any help will be much appreciated.

thanks.

what I do is I take a few steel bars that are a little harder than I am capable of bending and I cheat kink them to various degrees. maybe have one at 30 degrees, another at 90 degrees, and another at 3", or something like that. This way you can work isos throughout the entire range of the bend.

what I do is I take a few steel bars that are a little harder than I am capable of bending and I cheat kink them to various degrees. maybe have one at 30 degrees, another at 90 degrees, and another at 3", or something like that. This way you can work isos throughout the entire range of the bend.

That is the way I origionally learned my DO form....cheat kinking 60Ds like a mofo.

exactly what i do

exactly what i do

Ditto! :cool

damm i need to do it!

i read its good to use the vice but how? never did it before. will the hammer produce any effect?

Ben: be aware i am going to be the 2nd fantastic bastard!:P

damm i need to do it!

i read its good to use the vice but how? never did it before. will the hammer produce any effect?

Right on Hugo! :rock

My iso's are way above my capability's, even in the future; I've got some 3/8" stainless for iso's. I just want to make my mind believe that it is possible, thereby making my mind a stronger weapon against the iron, being able to convince myself that it is possible when I'm trying to bend a big bar.

Edited by luuc

damm i need to do it!

you are gonna have to beat me to it! :D

damm i need to do it!

you are gonna have to beat me to it! :D

Im surprised you havnt by now. Your starting to smell the place up

who says I haven't? :blink:)

thereby making my mind a stronger...

no doubt! one of the reasons i started bending its to prove mind rules (something i am interest to improve in my life:mind power)

... well ... bending its addictive!!

once dave morton said its good to use the #4 to make isos(begginer program) but know i realize from u guys, heavy steel its the key!

thereby making my mind a stronger...

no doubt! one of the reasons i started bending its to prove mind rules (something i am interest to improve in my life:mind power)

... well ... bending its addictive!!

once dave morton said its good to use the #4 to make isos(begginer program) but know i realize from u guys, heavy steel its the key!

You can still chest crush heavy grippers to improve your crush, repping out with a #4 or above will help.

Another good tool for crushdown isos that Gazza suggested originally are heavy valve springs from a car. You can buy very heavy used racing springs for very cheap, the big tripple springs can go over 1000lbs and stockers can be below 200lbs so there is a wide variety available.

I feel it is better to have something which moves rather than a solid. Cheat kinked stainless just above your current level is great because it flexes when you put power into it so you have direct feedback as to when you are generating the most power. Otherwise it is easy to feel you are pushing as hard as you can if the iso device does not move at all. A spring (or stainless, still a spring really) will compress then top out and stop moving at your max power potential so you KNOW you are giving it your all.

I really like using a tennis ball, it is also forgiving to the hands and does not really give way after a certain point. I may try cheat kining a 7 inch bastard today, I still can't kinking one , even though I am taking down 5, 6 inch square fairly easily.

thanks Mike!

instead of the #4(wich i dont have) i will give a few shoots at the vulcan level 18 (i can rep it).

Timmiacobucci's idea using stainless looks pretty cool to me!thabks for sharing.

tennis ball? need to give it a try ...:-)

If you decide to do ISOs with a gripper, just keep in mind that you will need a pretty serious gripper. I can do full crush reps with my IM #4 all day long without any trouble. My training partner who just hit his first red nail also has very little difficulty with the #4. You might want to just use a piece of steel a couple levels above what you can currently bend.

i dont do any isos because i only started to bend 2 weeks go and i am interest to go by feel, wich mean enjoying my training A LOT! thanks for the advice.

thanks Mike!

instead of the #4(wich i dont have) i will give a few shoots at the vulcan level 18 (i can rep it).

Timmiacobucci's idea using stainless looks pretty cool to me!thabks for sharing.

tennis ball? need to give it a try ...:-)

Be very careful with chest crushing the VHG, it puts the spring very close to your throat, ideally don't do it. ;)

Yes Mike, i know, thanks. i like to use the DO style wich is much danger than DU(vhg)using the inverted position dont seems to be a prob)i am usually looking into the spring when i am doing this to have some control.