Grip Work..

thewicked

I think after a short stint with eric and paul early this morning... i can officially say i'm addicted to grip :D:D:rock

thanks guys for showing me a kickass time! definately saw some sick lifts going down and even surprised myself a few times.

You better watch out hanging around Eric and Paul.

You'll end up having to register your hands as deadly weapons. :D

All kidding aside, you couldn't be around any better gripsters than

these two.

First class guys with World class grip.

Mighty Joe

Edited by Mighty Joe

Guys - Ryan is stupid strong - I've got video of all the stuff he did which I'll post later. When he walked up at first, he was as big as I expected from reading his training log - he first closed the #3 (grabbing the spring to set the gripper) then we had some weight loaded on the axle and he decided it was way to easy and asked to load 400 on the axle :blink he proceeded to lift that to full lockout! :blink:blink (we have another Rex on our hands here) then we decided to play "What can Ryan do?" the rest of the night - so we busted out the blobs and first time he'd ever touched the Blob50, he just grabbed it and picked it up :dry then pinched 5 10's, lifted the 45 by the hub, and pulled 250+ on the V-bar very easily :erm bout this time we had to call it a night cause Eric's wife was goin to bed - I'm affraid to see what else this beast can do :fear

Ryan - glad your addicted and that you caould join us last night, impressive stuff buddy!

I'll post the video's in this thread when I get outta work later

Guys - Ryan is stupid strong - I've got video of all the stuff he did which I'll post later. When he walked up at first, he was as big as I expected from reading his training log - he first closed the #3 (grabbing the spring to set the gripper) then we had some weight loaded on the axle and he decided it was way to easy and asked to load 400 on the axle :blink he proceeded to lift that to full lockout! :blink:blink (we have another Rex on our hands here) then we decided to play "What can Ryan do?" the rest of the night - so we busted out the blobs and first time he'd ever touched the Blob50, he just grabbed it and picked it up :dry then pinched 5 10's, lifted the 45 by the hub, and pulled 250+ on the V-bar very easily :erm bout this time we had to call it a night cause Eric's wife was goin to bed - I'm affraid to see what else this beast can do :fear

Ryan - glad your addicted and that you caould join us last night, impressive stuff buddy!

I'll post the video's in this thread when I get outta work later

haha thanks brutha! I had a blast...After watching you guys easily crush those grippers and your buddy damn near rip that horse shoe inhalf I wonder what i'm getting myself into here.

and now that i'm drooling over that world record axle DO deadlift...i'm blaming YOU GUYS! :D Blobs are pretty sick too.. I can't wait to get one of my own. They say simple things amuse simple people.. and i find that 50lb chunk of metal pretty amusing :D

Ryan's 5 dimes:

Ryan's Axle lift - 404 IM axle :blink :

couple more in a few

Ryan's 5 dimes:

Ryan's Axle lift - 404 IM axle :blink :

couple more in a few

I've never seen 5 dimes go up so easy :rock

Blob:

V-bar (252.7):

...and with that V-bar...way to make it look E-A-S-Y :laugh

trust me.. that was the first time i actually picked them up. Typically they blow up the moment my hand touches them.. i was shocked myself on the dimes.

i thin it was a mental thing.. if i didnt' think it was a big deal i just did it.. LOL

Ryan,

I think you've got a lot of potential and I look forward to training with you once I get to Texas.

All the best,

Rex

Go Ryan! Great stuff! You have some pretty monster sized hands, no?

He has gorilla hands :whacked