What's Your Goal In Arm Wrestling?

mightyjoe

I thought it would be interesting to see what others current goals are in

arm wrestling.

My goal is to become a world champion in the Masters class before I turn

50 years of age (2012).

Weight class? Hopefully 198. Maybe heavy. Time will tell. I got a little

over 3 years to achieve my goal.

Got to stay injury free and train smarter and harder than my competition.

What's yours? :)

Mighty Joe

To win my first tournament someday. Stay healthy with my body, mind and particularly my arms so I can keep enjoying the workout for AW. I spend a lot of time with AW work out in the gym but not enough table time. I spend a lot of lonely time in the gym enjoying myself with AW workout but I love every minutes of it. Another goal is to reach the bottom weight stack (190lbs minus pulley on top effect which is about 95lbs or so) plus green band (60lbs + rating) and hold it for 10 seconds. I AW for the excitement of it regardless where and when. Since I am a trainer so staying fit is my job as well not just AW alone.

Off topic: But I think I have come up with an exercise that feel very close to pull a human hand. It's a combimnation of band and cable. The best is I can monitor the progress by seeing how much weight i add. I use band on my wrist at low angle, and metal handle on cable with medium height. When I lean back I stretch both band and cable out/up. From there I can wrist curl, toproll, hook, or hammer up, rotate...whatever. If I close my eyes it feels as if a very strong guy is holding my hand. The green band from jumpstretch.com is about 60 lbs plus weight stacks. Want more for wrist just add more weight. Cable handle at medium height allows it to resist me at bigger anglle on my wrist. Cable alone can't do it. The band attached to a post as my mid-shin level. At the moment I can only do green band plus about 110lbs show on the stack (which is not true). I would say 190# plus blue jumpstretch band is very tough for many pros.

Goals:

Multiple time national champion (right and left in open division)

Nemiroff World Cup Champion

ROTN Champion

Arnold Pull Champion

Triple Crown Winner

Ranked #1 is North America in my weight class

WAF World Champion seems really fricken hard especially after reading on the northeastboard about the European Pullers and Allen Fisher gettin' smacked. I would love to win a WAF title though.

Best armwrestler in the world?

I'm not trying to be cocky, I just have high goals and am very amitious I guess. I know I'll be really friggen happy when I win a national title though. But it won't be the end for me - it will be the beginning! :rock

Edited by Josh H

I'm still working towards my goal to be a national champ. Maybe I set a higher goal, when (if) I win the nats, but for now, it's not realistic for me to be competitive at the euros or worlds (maybe in 9 years in the Master class).

I'd like to win a decent size pro/open tournament at 220#

Longterm it would be to win a National Championship.

Neither one will happen quick because AW plays second fiddle to GRIP. I like to train at my own pace with the bands vs. having my arm being useless for 2-3wks at a time. I'm just going to concentrate on keeping my arm healthy and getting it stronger, eventually I'll get good :rock

To win my first tournament someday. Stay healthy with my body, mind and particularly my arms so I can keep enjoying the workout for AW. I spend a lot of time with AW work out in the gym but not enough table time. I spend a lot of lonely time in the gym enjoying myself with AW workout but I love every minutes of it. Another goal is to reach the bottom weight stack (190lbs minus pulley on top effect which is about 95lbs or so) plus green band (60lbs + rating) and hold it for 10 seconds. I AW for the excitement of it regardless where and when. Since I am a trainer so staying fit is my job as well not just AW alone.

Off topic: But I think I have come up with an exercise that feel very close to pull a human hand. It's a combimnation of band and cable. The best is I can monitor the progress by seeing how much weight i add. I use band on my wrist at low angle, and metal handle on cable with medium height. When I lean back I stretch both band and cable out/up. From there I can wrist curl, toproll, hook, or hammer up, rotate...whatever. If I close my eyes it feels as if a very strong guy is holding my hand. The green band from jumpstretch.com is about 60 lbs plus weight stacks. Want more for wrist just add more weight. Cable handle at medium height allows it to resist me at bigger anglle on my wrist. Cable alone can't do it. The band attached to a post as my mid-shin level. At the moment I can only do green band plus about 110lbs show on the stack (which is not true). I would say 190# plus blue jumpstretch band is very tough for many pros.

I have that thick/wide blue one from Elite and if you fold it around a pole/double it and pull on it; it seems INSANE. I can't even shoulder roll it. If you loop it through itself, it's not bad, but doubled...ouch!

I'm taking it one step at a time, place in top 3 (or win) in a novice level comp at 70kg then go from there. I guess my other goal right now is building up the little arm wrestling club we've got going right now so we can get people involved who'd normally never try the sport.

I have that thick/wide blue one from Elite and if you fold it around a pole/double it and pull on it; it seems INSANE. I can't even shoulder roll it. If you loop it through itself, it's not bad, but doubled...ouch!

The blue jumpstretch band is about 3" wide and 1/8" thick rated about 80-100 lbs. I like to pull it long for gradual increase of tension. Double like you said is too much. When you double the band (shorten it in half) I think tension is more than double per inch stretched. If I want more tension I just add band to it

Among other thing, I love to go back to the AW club here in Houston sometime next year and just be able to give a pro one hell of a fight. That would be awesome for me. I like to have bigger forearm from do AW work (not wrist curl like bodybuilding). I meant 12 inches forearm is not much to show, even at my size 5'6" 152lbs . LOve to have better than 13" forearm. But I just saw Corey Miller beat Allen Fisher video at ROTN on youtube. It gave me hope.

my goals i guess have changed alot from the first in which all i wanted was to win a state title and after that all i wanted was to win a ntional title. After those things my interest shifted more towards beating different pullers. When i look at the different trophies i have the thing i think most about is how hard it was to win or who it was i had to beat to win it. Thats how it is for me right now and if i had my choice i'd rather beat John Brzenk in a small local event with only two pullers than win another title :D

my goal is to actually try a real table once. maybe if im suuuperlucky find someone who will try armwrestling with me... :(

yeah i've seen that. thanks tho. i am trying to get a hold of a table but the sites i have found some on doesnt reply. and the ones who do sell them to insane prices.

hm . just found another norwegian site that sells them for 2500 NOKR . hope they answer me :p

Edited by Yersinia

my goal is to actually try a real table once. maybe if im suuuperlucky find someone who will try armwrestling with me... :(

Yep...

Train smart, stay healthy and win Provincials.

Coming years... win Nationals and then win WAF Worlds. I don't know how long it will take, but I'm working at it. :)

Coming years... win Nationals and then win WAF Worlds. I don't know how long it will take, but I'm working at it. :)

were are you from in Canada? who are you training with over their :D

national champ, thats all.
not sure who that was meant for but the amount of tournaments and location are usually based off of what you can afford to spend at that time :D Sure it would be nice to win everything out there but not many can afford to try :(

to be the best......

were are you from in Canada? who are you training with over their :D

Calgary, Alberta.

Guys in my category are Ryan Espey, Len Houghton, Pat Rehill, Jason Diebert, Matt Mask (he's normally 110kg) and Darren Matthews. I train with Gord Squire, Darrell Belyck, Pat Rehill, Darren Matthews, Garry Kell, Scott Stillwell, Tim Aubin and Steph Heroux.