Bag of nails

amaury

Hi everyone,

just received my bag of nails today.

I bent the white in a U shape easily (without bracing) and bent the green in a U shape too (still without bracing). However the yellow stopped me in my tracks (i didn't try bracing either with this nail).

Though i'm quite happy because i was afraid not to be able to bend the white !

My question to the experienced benders is : do you think that i will have to order extras green nails in order to train for the yellow or 25 green and white have a good chance to be enough ?

Thanks.

HOME DEPOT

60d "Timber Ties"  (9-spiral nails?)

30lb Bucket

about 180lbs to bend

harder than GREEN, easier than YELLOW

Bend 30 lbs of them

Yellow will become easy

Unless you like the feeling of bending 5" nails, stick to the 6" Spiral Nails.  Also, for the price of about 27 dollars, you get near 500 nails or more.  They also look cooler when bent.  

Look at the other posts about buying rods of Hot Rolled Steel, and cutting it in prgressivly smaller lengths.  That, combined with the technique learned from bending, the Yellow will fall soon.

Thanks bender,

though i live in France and i don't think there are Home Depots there. That's also why i'm interested in "ordering questions" (expensive shipping).

So how 30lbs of 60d timber ties would translate in terms of green nails (average number...).

Would 50 extra green be enough ?

Then buy the closest thing to 0.25" diameter steel rods your hardware store has and cut to size.  As you get stronger, start bending 6" nails.  IM nails are best used to evaluate your strength rather than train, since they are rather pricy.

Robert

All right, it makes sense (plus it's clearly much fun to bend a lot of different stuff ;) ). Sometimes i feel like France is underdeveloped in the strength field and even more so in the grip strength field ???