Santa Claws Gripdown

1stCoC

Grip Brothers,

I have been contacted about interest in a friendly grip get together for the holiday season. The "Santa Claws Gripdown" as I shall refer to it, will be a grip showdown trial selected by Grip Board members from the list of feats provided, the majority being from my Grip Gauntlet. This will happen on Dec. 22, 2008 at about 5:00pm. The invited visitors will include Rex Hubbard, "Tex" Henderson, House, Jason "Cyborg" Lawson, Rich "Tiny" Williams, and Chad Woodall.

Of the 16 items listed, we will have a scoring "contest" of 6 feats as chosen by the Grip Board in this thread. The Robert Baraban Dynomometer will be used as a 7th challenge in the event of a tie.

All other non selected events will be available for all to try. Visitors or additional participants are welcome but please contact us here at Sorinex first.

Grip Board Members, select 6 of the following 16 items to be the events to be used in this challenge. Please only type the number of the event into your post for counting purposes. Voting will be closed 12:00am 1 week from now.

Thank You, RS

1. 181lb Deadlift on 3" Handle Dumbbell

2. 202lb Circus Bell for Height

3. 52.5lb Original Blob Pinch and Carry 10'

4. 201lb Anvil Deadlift by Horn

5. 100lb Anvil Pinch Deadlift (4.5" thick anvil)

6. 2 Finger Close of the Silvercrush #3

7. 411lb Dinnie Stone Replica Deadlift

8. Pinch Grip Deadlift 2 York "Fat" 45lb Plates

9. 101lb Bomb Vertical Pinch Lift

10. 245lb Dumbbell Deadlift on a 2" Handle

11. 172lb Inch Dumbbell Deadlift and Carry 10'

12. 245lb 2" Vertical Bar Deadlift

13. Phantom 4 Gripper (credit card set)

14. 173lb Thick Horned Anvil Deadlift

15. Double Original Blob Deadlift (52.5lb & 53.8lb)

16. York "Fat" 45lb plate Hub Lift

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1stCoC

• jad

• The Natural

• Too Tall

Richard,

Do you think we'll have any use for bodyweight and hand-size divisions? :D This contest may have the heaviest ever average bodyweight of competitors.

Looking forward to this. :rock

-Rex

Edited by The Natural

1, 7, 14, 10, 11, 13 :happy

Rex, As long as you weigh "200 something" and have two hands that will be all that is required, however the bodyweight average would be I think over 300. Guys, the early choice input is quite interesting, your vote will help get what you "want to see". Thanks RS

2, 3, 7, 8, 11, 13.

Good luck to ALL :rock

Rex, As long as you weigh "200 something" and have two hands that will be all that is required, however the bodyweight average would be I think over 300. Guys, the early choice input is quite interesting, your vote will help get what you "want to see". Thanks RS

Yeah, my comment was in jest, as every competitor seems to be over 270 and has over 8" hands.

At the risk of sounding elitist, I would prefer that the votes of those with competition experience be given extra weight. It would be a shame for a bunch of Gripboard newbies to skew the final result.

-Rex

Wow!! Those are all brutal events!! Seems like I will be coming in last place on this one. Will be good to see some visitors coming in to try, and hopefully succeed, in some of these events. I'm pumped to see Chad coming back and trying this again, his previous attempts and successes were awesome and I can't wait to see what he will bring to the table this time. Make no mistake, any success at any of these events deserves some serious respect!

I usually train better on squats and DL's when I have a partner to train with. If anyone in the contest would like to do some of those with me after the grip contest, I'd be up for it. I know House, Cyborg, Tex, etc. are into heavy training, so maybe we could work something out.

-Rex

I say we go with the Dyno first thing while everyone is fresh to see what we all come up with...and then if there is a tie we could use that score if needed.

Chad

3. 52.5lb Original Blob Pinch and Carry 10'

5. 100lb Anvil Pinch Deadlift (4.5" thick anvil)

6. 2 Finger Close of the Silvercrush #3

9. 101lb Bomb Vertical Pinch Lift

10. 245lb Dumbbell Deadlift on a 2" Handle

11. 172lb Inch Dumbbell Deadlift and Carry 10'

12. 245lb 2" Vertical Bar Deadlift

14. 173lb Thick Horned Anvil Deadlift

15. Double Original Blob Deadlift (52.5lb & 53.8lb)

16. York "Fat" 45lb plate Hub Lift

5, 6, 8, 10, 11, 15