6" 5/16 Grade 2 Falls!

Slider454

Guys, this might not be much to some, but this is a great thing for me. As I have just recently made a comeback to this bending scene. My goal is to get certed for the red and on the #3 by my birthday on June 6th I think I will be able to reach this. After nailing this grade 2 in around 30 secs I am real stoked!!! Just out of curiosity where does this bend compare to the red? or the 1/4 grade 8?

That's is a great bend to me. After bending the G8 6" I have been working on the 6" 5/16 Grade 2 bolt as well and have never been able to complete that yet. I think my weakest area is the first kink so that's why this bolt is so much tougher for me.

Your bend is more difficult than a G8 6" but I don't know how it is compared to a Red.

with the G8 the kinking is not as bad as the crushdown because it's so springy on the crushdown.

Edited by rniel

That's is a great bend to me. After bending the G8 6" I have been working on the 6" 5/16 Grade 2 bolt as well and have never been able to complete that yet. I think my weakest area is the first kink so that's why this bolt is so much tougher for me.

Your bend is more difficult than a G8 6" but I don't know how it is compared to a Red.

with the G8 the kinking is not as bad as the crushdown because it's so springy on the crushdown.

I too noticed this, I can kinck the G8 pretty easy, but the crush is crazy, this 5/16 kink was tough, but once I got it close enough to crush, it went easier than that springy G8!! Keep at it man, you will get it!!

Congrats on killing that bolt! :rock I just did my first one about a week ago. I still haven't been able to get a 1/4" Grade 8 in one session yet. That 5/16" Grade 2 felt easier to me but maybe I just had a good day.

Congrats! When I bent one of those, the red wasn't far off at all.