Red Nail In Im Pads!

matthcarl

I want to thank Paul Knight for sending me a few red nails tp practice on. I bent my first one today in IM pads (video forthcoming). It went down very easily, though I think I'm going to have a bruise on my left index finger :D

I did use rubber bands for the first attempt just to see if I was able to kink the red at all in IM pads. It might take a little tweaking to get comfortable wrapping the pads without rubber bands, but then I think I have the IM cert in the bag.

Nice Job Matt the IM cert no problem for you!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Congratulations excellent work!

I was just about to PM you with some motivation, but I guess I was too late! :laugh ....................... you didn't need it!!!!!!!!!! :yikes

excellent work Matt!

Nice job Matt. I think you should contact IM now for the cert. Knowing that you're doing a cert should hype you up enough to do it without rubber bands.

Awesome man!!!

Thanks guys! Carl, I'm up for it...I'm surprised you haven't done it already. having bent the 6".

I've been having trouble uploading the video and I'm trying again. I timed the bend at about 20 seconds for anyone interested.

OK, forget the first video...I just did one without rubber bands for my second attempt, and I think it went even better. I am going to contact IronMind shortly.

Edit - Ah, I kind of screwed up the second video...I had it on the "outdoor" setting and it's blurry. Still, I timed the bend at 13 seconds. 5 hits.

Edited by The Writer

What I do w/the rubber bands is - I'll wrap one side, band it, then wrap the other side and simply take the rubber band off the one side before I do the bend - it's legal - no sense in fumbling with holding the one side while trying to wrap the other - just make sure to take the band off before performing the bend

Yeah, I've seen how you do it, and that's what I did for the second attempt. It worked just fine.

Fantastic news Matt! Great accomplishment man. You're where you want to be and the road gets even smoother.

Well, here's the first video...just imagine it seven seconds faster with no rubber bands, and that's how the second attempt went :happy

Red nail in IM pads

Woah! :blink :blink :blink Awesome bending there Matt! You got that cert in the bag buddy. :cool

Man, EVERYBODY is getting pr's in IMP's lately! I'm asking Santa for a pair for Christmas right now.......... :D

Matt - the cert is yours if you wanna take it!

Thanks guys...I have already gotten in touch with IM (they're fast with the e-mails anyway :D) and I am waiting to see if they can find a judge. And thanks again Paul for the nails. Bending them today was a big confidence boost for me and I probably would have waited and wavered a long time before attempting the cert otherwise.

Nice work Matt! :rock

Thanks guys...I have already gotten in touch with IM (they're fast with the e-mails anyway :D) and I am waiting to see if they can find a judge. And thanks again Paul for the nails. Bending them today was a big confidence boost for me and I probably would have waited and wavered a long time before attempting the cert otherwise.

Glad I could help a brutha out! - they evidently got put to good use :laugh no prob on that cert - coffee and ho-ho's!

I just saw one of your 09 goals was to drop below 190 - so maybe just a pair of ho-ho's will do :laugh