Any Gripper That Falls Between The #3 And Elite?

lloyd80s

Do any of you guys know of a gripper that falls between a #3 and Elite? I've had a GM that was I bit tougher than my #3 but really I'm after a #3.2ish gripper? I'd say my #3 is an average #3 and my Elite would be about a #3.4

Any ideas Guys? Thanks

Do any of you guys know of a gripper that falls between a #3 and Elite? I've had a GM that was I bit tougher than my #3 but really I'm after a #3.2ish gripper? I'd say my #3 is an average #3 and my Elite would be about a #3.4

Any ideas Guys? Thanks

Could you not take your #3 and train with it the dogleg the "wrong" side? This gave me a few millimetres and a few weeks worth of training with my #2 so I would imagine you would get a good month or more of use from your #3... then you can always grind it back a quarter inch.

Obviously this means defacing a gripper but better to do this before running the risk of wasting money on a 3.2 that could well be not much more difficult or even EASIER than your #3!

RB260s, on the average, are a tad tougher than #3s. RB300 will be tougher than a #3, and probably easlier than the Elites currently being produced. MM1 would be fine, except they cost more. A MM2 could be too risky for the money. I don't know about customizing MMs.

I wonder if putting something in the "wanting to buy" section is a good idea. More and more, I realize that when someone is advertising the strength of a gripper, be it from experience or the calibration process, I appreciate that that forum is an outstanding service, as it takes the guesswork out buying things. Yet, they sell for LESS than retail!

I have unloaded several things in response to posts like this. You might give it a try.

Convert an elite to adjustable. :)

Convert an elite to adjustable.

exactly.when i say "modificated elite" i mean convert it to ajustable.

Depends on the strength of the two grippers.

I'd say the only way to be sure is a little trial and error.

You could always file your #3 until you get an adjustable or custom Elite / MM1. It won't do anything for your sweep, but it'll make the close a bit harder.

The latest #3s i have bought from ironmind seem to be on the harder side. I bought 3 more recently and they were all about the same as the MM1. (3.2-3.3 ish)

The latest #3s i have bought from ironmind seem to be on the harder side. I bought 3 more recently and they were all about the same as the MM1. (3.2-3.3 ish)

Wanna sell/swap one Sam?

Wanna sell/swap one Sam?

have you got anything around #3.5 level mate?

Is it because of the spread, Sam? Does the close feel easier?

The #3 I got recently feels like a brick, but only calibrated at 150lbs. It has a 3" spread like everything else from IM right now and the sweep is murder. I can only close it in a choker.

Is it because of the spread, Sam? Does the close feel easier?

The #3 I got recently feels like a brick, but only calibrated at 150lbs. It has a 3" spread like everything else from IM right now and the sweep is murder. I can only close it in a choker.

At the close i would say like the MM1 but harder than the MM1 on the sweep.