Another Source For Wraps

foxyj75

Just figured I would let you all know that "Hobby Lobby" hobby stores carry a line of leather pieces under the brand "Real Leather". I picked up some, and it looks to be as good or better than the Tandy stuff. They also carry a unique size; 12'' x 12''!! I picked up a bunch of this to make myself some fresh wraps. I figured I would experiment wit 6'' wide ones this time. Prices were $6.99 for 8.5'' x 11'', and $9.99 for the 12'' x 12''. Good deal on the bigger piece, buy two and cut em' at 4'' wide, and you got 3 pairs of wraps. :cool

Foxy<><

Edited by Foxman

Good stuff Jeremiah. I made a trip a few weeks ago and found a real leather scraps bag for about $8. Talk about worth way more than what I paid for it! Not the best or thickest leather I've ever seen but more than enough for most human bends.

Don't you love finding good wraps? If I ever found some more of the suade that I got from Chris Rider, I've buy a truck load of it. I found some similiar once but once I tried it the feel was totally different.

I'll be sad when they finally wear out.

Tim

Good wraps are like hen's teeth. Hobby Lobby is now on my short list of "to visit soon" places.

I'm curious to see how the wider wraps work out. I'm hoping they will allow me more hand placement options so that I won't have to keep scooting my pads up on the bar as the bend progresses. That steel is cooling each time I do that, and making those bends harder than they should be! :D:blink