Rt Style Farmers Handles

acorn

AWESOME!!! I need to get over there ASAP!! Too bad I was so sore yesterday :( You're not going to paint the handles right?

Those are sweet :yikes:rock

But I've got two words for ya...

...wire brush ;)

hehe, too late already brushed them. I was just too excited to have them done and had to snap a pic.

I'll post another pic once they are painted.

I did my first walk with them last night and it was fairly brutal. They spin very easy like FBBC crushers. I ended up going about 85' with 132# in each hand and one turn. but that was after grippers, 2HP, Bending, and Inch attempts

I'm a bit sore today.

- Aaron

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone, here is a couple shots of the finished handles with paint. :rock:rock:rock:D

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8227

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8228

They came out super sweet!

- Aaron

They look really nice, but I have 2 questions. What did you use for inner collars, 1 7/8' washers? How long is the stride on them?

Thanks everyone, here is a couple shots of the finished handles with paint. :rock:rock:rock:D

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8227

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8228

They came out super sweet!

- Aaron

They look really nice, but I have 2 questions. What did you use for inner collars, 1 7/8' washers? How long is the stride on them?

actually 2" washers as it is 2" DOM tubing. I'm not familiar with the term stride in this context. do you mean distance between the inner collars? If so then that is about 22" from what I remember as I set the washers at 10" from the ends. Total length is 42"

Edited by acorn

• 3 weeks later...

Do you hit your legs on them when you walk? I'm making a set now. They would be 37" between the warshers.

Do you hit your legs on them when you walk? I'm making a set now. They would be 37" between the warshers.

I have not had a problem hitting my legs with them because running with them with any weight on them is very precarious due to the handles. 37" should be perfect though. the next ones I make will be at least 36" between the washers.

- Aaron

• 1 month later...

Hey guys I just got ankel brace off woo hoo! So I put the time in finishing my handles I was tell ing aron about

57" long

37" between the plates, I don't want my ankel busted again!

24 lbs each

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/123397046...037_1619491.jpg

I have not had a problem hitting my legs with them because running with them with any weight on them is very precarious due to the handles. 37" should be perfect though. the next ones I make will be at least 36" between the washers.

- Aaron

Come the day of the contest, you will see a man running with them! :D

-Rex

- Aaron

Come the day of the contest, you will see a man running with them! :D

-Rex

bwahahahaha! that made me laugh

paul

this is serious, you souldnt make fun ;)

aron

ihave a couple questions, can you lock the handles incase you want to "run", they look about 1 1/2" dia. or are they bigger? what are some distances or weight or timed holds youve done so far?

Rico

Edited by rico300zx

paul

this is serious, you souldnt make fun ;)

aron

ihave a couple questions, can you lock the handles incase you want to "run", they look about 1 1/2" dia. or are they bigger? what are some distances or weight or timed holds youve done so far?

Rico

Handles are 1 7/8" and they spin really easy. I did 48' today at the end of the workout with 154ish each hand. Turning with them at that weight is tough. Gonna try to make another pair of bodies for the comp this coming weekend that are longer. Had a drop on the 2nd set and banged the crap out of my knee.

- Aaron

I'm sure that weight will make a lot of guys ribs compress especially with that size handle. With a rolling handle your going to have way lot of drops, id sell your "prototype" to one of the guys to use as a traveling set or for their kid to use or "someone shorter" a longer set is better for taller guys. You don't want everyone gettng busted shins at your comp right

Rico

I'm sure that weight will make a lot of guys ribs compress especially with that size handle. With a rolling handle your going to have way lot of drops, id sell your "prototype" to one of the guys to use as a traveling set or for their kid to use or "someone shorter" a longer set is better for taller guys. You don't want everyone gettng busted shins at your comp right

Rico

Thats the plan. will prolly ebay the existing ones once I get the new set made.

- Aaron

ha ha thats awsome i wish i lived in the area, id have to hop with my ankle cast

Got some longer ones welded up last night for the contest. Overall length 60.5" and 40" between inner collars. Shouldnt have any trouble hitting legs now. I'll get pics up as soon as they have some paint on them.

- Aaron

I'll run with em.....I aint scared...hahaha...

You should make Rex use half strides or walk backwards.....

-B

Tie his shoe laces together when he isnt looking...

;)