Great Workout With The Right Hand.

Grippster

Alright, if you laughed at the title you have a twisted mind... but anyways yea today I think I broke my plateau. I picked up my 300 and shut it, almost like it was soft. Did some more reps with it, then rested. A little bit later I picked it up again not expecting to shut it (I usually can't do a workout with it and then close it again the same day) and it just closed. I also closed it yesterday too. I'm basically at the point where I can consistantly close it, and I think it's from this new form of training I've been doing that involves lighter grippers. I did a whole bunch of reps for like 20 minutes at a time with the 250, 200, and 150. I did this for a couple days straight and then rested. I posted this strategy in another topic but now the results are really showing. Considering I had tendonitis for a while this is pretty damn good that I've come back stronger. What can I say? I'm proud :rock

YEEEEEEEEEEEEA!!

I didn't want to get it right away cause then I might embarrass you guys so I was just giving a head start. You can sort of tell my ego is out the door now :D Don't worry I'll be gettin at least 2 grippers before the Holidays.

Congrats :rock Always nice to have a training day when you're in the groove and the grippers just seem to close so easily. Get that SM already.

And I can send you my BBGM to help your ego deflate :D

Congrats :rock Always nice to have a training day when you're in the groove and the grippers just seem to close so easily. Get that SM already.

And I can send you my BBGM to help your ego deflate :D

No, my crushing grip would bend that metal shut.

Edited by Grippster

Sweet work dude!!

This definately a good way to work out with grippers at least when you're just getting into big grippers, will be interested to see you can continue hitting big PRs solely by doing high volume with lighter grippers

Sweet work dude!!

This definately a good way to work out with grippers at least when you're just getting into big grippers, will be interested to see you can continue hitting big PRs solely by doing high volume with lighter grippers

I try to simulate hard, everyday work. Farmers don't do really heavy loads for 20 minutes a day and then rest for 2 days. They have to work all day everyday and they get quite strong. I believe the body is designed to strengthen through work so I do things that simulate that. Basically now that I progress much slower than when I started I need to work the muscle hard for as long as possible, so I basically just squeeze whatever gripper I can. If I can't do the 250 anymore I move to the 200. If I can't do that I move to 150. Then I take a brief rest and attempt more reps on the 250. Because you aren't actually doing your max load (the 300 in my case) you can train like this for several days before needing a rest and the muscle tears more over this time period. That's my theory anyways.

Sweet work dude!!

I try to simulate hard, everyday work. Farmers don't do really heavy loads for 20 minutes a day and then rest for 2 days. They have to work all day everyday and they get quite strong. I believe the body is designed to strengthen through work so I do things that simulate that. Basically now that I progress much slower than when I started I need to work the muscle hard for as long as possible, so I basically just squeeze whatever gripper I can.

this is exactly the way i think about training also!

Sweet work dude!!

I try to simulate hard, everyday work. Farmers don't do really heavy loads for 20 minutes a day and then rest for 2 days. They have to work all day everyday and they get quite strong. I believe the body is designed to strengthen through work so I do things that simulate that. Basically now that I progress much slower than when I started I need to work the muscle hard for as long as possible, so I basically just squeeze whatever gripper I can. If I can't do the 250 anymore I move to the 200. If I can't do that I move to 150. Then I take a brief rest and attempt more reps on the 250. Because you aren't actually doing your max load (the 300 in my case) you can train like this for several days before needing a rest and the muscle tears more over this time period. That's my theory anyways.

Thats an interesting theory. I will have to try that.

Congrats on mashing that evil gripper

It was evil!! It always fooled me into thinking it would close and then I'd hit some sort of force field on the last half a mm. And it would only close on certain days which caused mental distress. Thanks guys for the support. :rock