Bending & Pec Problems

rniel

Haven't posted in a long time. I bend DO and finished a G8 6" bolt several months ago and was working hard on a 5/16 G2 bolt but never got there. Strained something in my pec pretty badly and has affected my bending for 3 months now. Felt it go out during the crushdown. I'm still working my way up but have had to change the way I bend on the crushdown I have to purposely lighten the load on my right pec and put more left pec into it. I tried bending DU but that seems to put just as much pressure on my pec and I'm extremely weak in that style. Last night I went through 60D and a 1/4 square hrs 6" piece so I'm starting to get back to where I was without hurting myself further.

Need to get stronger again but I think another key will be to upgrade my leather wraps they have gotten to be weak and slip easier than they used to.

I think on the crushdown I was favoring my right side so much that I was getting a lot of offcenter bends with almost everything I bent so I was using one side more than the other. I hope I can continue on with this and stay injury free and work up to the bastard sometime this year.

I also wonder if increasing the sledge levering doing more for my left arm would help with this.

Edited by rniel

rneil, you might wanna try the "post/push crushdown", posting with your right arm to lessen the pec involvement on the right side. I use that style of crushdown, although not for any injury; I just have more power that way. You might wanna play around with it and see if it works for you. Here's a vid that demonstrates it real well. Just skip to about 5:52, that's where it starts. I really just post my left arm and do all the driving with my right.

Insane bend vid/Post/push demo

Good Luck Ryan! :rock

Fox<><

if your benchpressing 551, then i seriously doubt it was the strain in trying to crush down a g2 that caused your injury. Im guessing you probably injured yourself by putting yourself in a jeopardizing position on the crush. The crush is pretty simple technically, just interlock your fingers ass deep and tight as you can, use your chest to drive your palms together and pull on the back of your hands with your fingers. Other smaller details youll fillin when you get more comfortable with the basics

if your benchpressing 551, then i seriously doubt it was the strain in trying to crush down a g2 that caused your injury. Im guessing you probably injured yourself by putting yourself in a jeopardizing position on the crush. The crush is pretty simple technically, just interlock your fingers ass deep and tight as you can, use your chest to drive your palms together and pull on the back of your hands with your fingers. Other smaller details youll fillin when you get more comfortable with the basics

Yeah I was training my bench very hard when it happened getting ready for a meet that was probably a factor in the injury as well. It didn't hurt to bench with the injury that much but doing declines or flyes hurt a lot.

rneil, you might wanna try the "post/push crushdown", posting with your right arm to lessen the pec involvement on the right side. I use that style of crushdown, although not for any injury; I just have more power that way. You might wanna play around with it and see if it works for you. Here's a vid that demonstrates it real well. Just skip to about 5:52, that's where it starts. I really just post my left arm and do all the driving with my right.

Insane bend vid/Post/push demo

Good Luck Ryan! :rock

Fox<><

I will try that. My crushdown method for the last 1/2 inch or so was to grab it like it was a captains of crush gripper and squeeze with right hand while using pecs and shoulder drive on the other hand that seemed to do well for me.