Deck Of Cards

Cannon

Inspired by an old video of Tommy's and the recent videos from SSGGLASS, I've been trying to tear cards. I've really only tried twice now. About a week ago, I tore half of a deck of coated cards twice. It seemed really hard.

But during my pinch workout tonight, I decided to give it another go and tried the form I saw in Tommy's video. I got a tear started in a full deck so then I couldn't quit! It took me probably 10 minutes in total and I had to set it down a couple of times, but I got through it! I used about every hand position I've ever seen. I'm not really sure what even worked. :D

The cards are some free Joe Camel set. The are not "coated" but my first deck at any rate!

PIC1

PIC2

:D

Edited by Cannon

Nice tear Matt, I bet your digits are feeling it now! :rock

Nice tear Matt, I bet your digits are feeling it now! :rock

Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm surprised how sore I am today. And to think this was an "easy" deck! :D

Great job Matt! Now you're going to be hitting every store in a 100-mile radius to find "training cards." Good stuff man.

Awesome job, Matt! Very clean tear! I would never have posted my first deck, since it looked like a 5 year old cut it with dull scissors!!

Thanks again everyone! I am surprised to hear anyone say "clean tear" :D It started in about three different spots and then finally on both sides where it went all the way through. It seemed kind of sloppy while it was happening. :D

Thanks again everyone! I am surprised to hear anyone say "clean tear" :D It started in about three different spots and then finally on both sides where it went all the way through. It seemed kind of sloppy while it was happening. :D

Well it definitely looks a lot better than when I do it! :D

:D Good job. I have recently been able to get through any deck without bracing. When you can rip through a deck, days off are a thing of the past. Everywhere I go people bring me decks of cards to rip. It does not matter if you are sore or not, you will perform ha ha. Today I was at someone's house and they brought out a deck of cards. I was hoping for cheapies, but they brought out some really hard cards. The harder decks seems to be an 1/8" wider. Have fun!!