Spider Curl Bench And Preacher Curl Bench

ttmett2001@yahoo.com

Hi gentlemen, I am thinking of buying a spider curl bench and a preacher curl bench. My question is are they really necessary or could you use an incline bench to do the curls? Also what are th benefits from them that you can't get from regular curls?

Thank you in advance for your response

• 2 weeks later...

I think either one is a great training aid for bicep power, especially in

arm wrestling. You can work your lock, holds, etc.

They really isolate the biceps and prevent you from cheating like

one would do with standing barbell or DB curls.

Hope this helps.

Mighty Joe

I just don't curl any more! I do lock hold in various position and style for time and intensity. Matt is a Dr. in my gym who can curl quite a bit for his size, when I grasped his hand I knew I would crush him right away. Most AWers here could relate to this story many times over. Yes , he can curl a lot but he got NO lock in the elbow joint at all. in fact, with bad intention I could have broken his humus bone with a hard hit side way or injure him. bUt I would never do that intentionally. Matt has huge biceps but no power in AW. I use thick metal handle and rope for lock hold. I do use my body to wreslte the weight but very little elbow movement. Good luck

Hi gentlemen, I am thinking of buying a spider curl bench and a preacher curl bench. My question is are they really necessary or could you use an incline bench to do the curls? Also what are th benefits from them that you can't get from regular curls?

i use a preacher curl bench every workout with a low pully because i like the resistence at the top of the curl. What is a spider curl?

i use a preacher curl bench every workout with a low pully because i like the resistence at the top of the curl. What is a spider curl?

here is a link to the spider bench

<a href=" http://www.eiyc.com/spider_curl.htm </a>

• 4 months later...

if I would have to choose only one exercise I would choose spider curl bench

here is a link to the spider bench

<a href=" http://www.eiyc.com/spider_curl.htm </a>

Looks like you could also use it for barbell rows.